We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

How long a walk is it from Dreams VM to Mega.?

Thx

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

Just to put it out there Chedraui and Wal Mart are closer to you. Never walked but biked it 15-20 min. Note I do go for speed.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

It's 6 km from DVM to Mega, but just 3 km to the Chedraui. I would go to the Chedraui for sure - it's a very decent, one year old store that's about the same size as Mega or WalMart.

Click on this link for a map, you can scroll around to see where things are:

wikimapia.org/…b

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

The Mega is a large department type store, similar to Walmart and it is closer to DVM than the Walmart...Cab wil be approximately 70 pesos. To walk there.. takes about 20-25 minutes.

http://vallarta-info.com/nuevo.html

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

OT hope their produce has improved. Did not have the best of luck last winter.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

Just spent 4 weeks at VM. Have taking the taxi to Mega. Would be at least a 1 hour walk and probably closer to 1.5 hours. If you are walking, I would go to the Chedraui, may be a 45 minute walk. Or depending what you are looking for, there is a grocery store in the Paradise Village mall, which is approx. a 30 minute walk. However, the PV mall store is much smaller and higher priced.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

Off message, Pevil4 did you holiday with Doug?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

We were at Dreams for a month last year and my advice is just to take a cab to the Walmart. We tried walking to both that and the Chedraui and decided we wouldn't do it again. I wasn't a fan of the Chedraui at all and preferred Walmart or Mega.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

Not with Doug.

Also preferred Walmart over Chedraui. However, Chedraui does have a large International section with some US and Canada brands. Also, able to find some gluten free products at Chedraui, which we did not find at Walmart.

9. Re: Walking to Mega from Dreams Villa Magna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:17