We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Jalisco

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
Riu Jalisco

Going to Riu Jalisco, wondering if you can use the facilities at Riu Vallarta

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Jalisco

Hi Bawana,

Riu Jalisco is a good family resort. No.... you can't use the facilities at the Riu Vallarta.

But if you stay at the Riu Vallarta....then you can use the facilities at the Jalisco.

Enjoy your vacation.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Jalisco

thank you so much.....

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,325 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Jalisco

Some people try to sneak in, but it's NOT fun being asked to Leave...

We stayed at the Riu Vallarta and went down to the Palace, Sure enough saw the Security comeing... so left.

pa
Level Contributor
350 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Jalisco

Did you enjoy the Vallarta?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,851 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Jalisco

JoLee is the unoffical ambassador for the RIU here on trip advisor.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,325 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Jalisco

lol.Bob.

RIU addict... Donnarae.. you can click on my name.contributions,and read my Review. 5 times in 2 years to the Riu Vallarta. Last trip,May ,the resort Was 99%full and some days we gritted our Teeth... found some guests completely Out of Line... but we didn't let is spoil our Holiday.

The reason we love it there is they TRY to keep the Kids OUT of the adult.swim up bar Pool, but you always get some Parents who think the Rule is NOT for them.. We saw.. some hide their..two kids..about 8 and 10..Under the Bar Stools and hand them Drinks...Unreal...until the Security finally spotted them.. Kids do Not belong around Drunks. IMHO.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Jalisco

Hi donnarae,

I think teenagers would like the Vallarta better. The entertainment staff are fun and will keep them busy.

pa
Level Contributor
350 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Jalisco

Thank YOu...I am considering it.

Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
238 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Jalisco

The price is comparable, so go with the Vallarta. Then you can always use the Jalisco pools, bars, and lunch buffets.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
541 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Jalisco

Jolee - we are currently booked at the Barcelo, but may be changing to the Riu Vallarta ( :( ). Do they have more than one swim up bar? Our kids have always enjoyed swimming over the the swim up bars to get frozen slushie kiddie cocktails.

Also, how packed is the place in March - I assume towel game is a huge issue.

I am so sad that we might have to change and don't have a lot of time to make up our minds.

Thanks!

Kim