We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Jalisco

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Riu Jalisco

Going to Riu Jalisco March 31 to April 7th 2013 does anybody know how busy is it going to be the week after Easter? Plus what is the best way to get to the Vallarta Zoo from Riu Jalisco, approx. how much would it be to take a taxi?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Jalisco

Welcome to the Forum..

Boy... it will be Busy... March 31, Easter Sunday.April 1st. Easter Monday and all through the Week... The Mexican familys really like to celebrate Easter and take time off for a Holiday..

All the Resorts will be Jambed. Most places, you will not see the Sand for all the Bodies.. Go with the flow, and Enjoy .

The Zoo is South of PVR... close to a hour drive. I'm thinking a taxi will cost $30.00 or more.

http://vallarta-info.com/nuevo.html

This map will help..keep moving down ..

You could do the bus, at door, but it mights take 2 buses changes.. One for sure after you get into PVR from Nuevo...

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Jalisco

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g657267-i12005-k62…

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Jalisco

Thanks so much for the response, I figured it was going to be busy oh well new experience :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Jalisco

The Riu Jalisco and most of the hotels in Mexico will be BUSY. Semana Santa is the most celebrated holiday there. The beach will be crowded.... even tents on the beach.

The bus is cheap and fun. I think you'll need to take 2 buses from NV.

The front desk will be able to let you know what bus to catch to the Zoo.

Enjoy your holiday.

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Jalisco

Thanks for the info, I was told that it should be busy only for 2 days or so after Easter weekend then things start to quiet down not sure if this is true or not but not really worried about it either way. I was also wondering about excursions which is better with kids daytime pirate ship or Las caletas/adventure park? My kids are 8 & 11. Being our first family vaca and also first time to PV

any other info would be helpful :-)

Edited: 03 March 2013, 02:43
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Jalisco

There is a water park in Nuevo. You will pass by it on the way from the airport as you leave the highway to turn into Nuevo.

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Jalisco

Water park might be fun Thanks :-)

Calgary
Level Contributor
169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Jalisco

We did the pirate ship last Easter with our boys 5 and 9. They thought it was okay but our hi light of the trip for all was the Nogalito zip line.

When we told them we are going again to PV on March 9th... first thing out of their mouths was " are we going ziplining again"

We purchased our Pirate ship tickets online before we left and got free zipline tickets. Heres a link and they are still offering free zipline tickets if interested.

http://pirateshipvallarta.com/

Vancouver, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Jalisco

Wow thanks so much I will check it out! I think my kids would probably have a blast ziplining! It is something none of us have ever done before :)

10. Re: Riu Jalisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations