We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
532 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

We have a "Family Room" reserved at the Riu, which as a King size and Full size bed.... does anyone know where these rooms are usually located (certain floors - lower or higher, facing certain areas etc.)? I have contemplated upgrading our room to Ocean View, but then we only get 2 full size beds, which we can make work fine for our family of 4 - thought the King would be nice. My concern though was that our ocean view would be from the side with just a skimpy view of the ocean. I hate paying for OV and then feeling like I got cheated with a minimal view. :) Any help on what to expect on the building room layout would be greatly appreciated!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

Family room...are a reg.room, but with a King and a Double.

They are on Each floor...maybe 4=6 per floor. They are on Inside Courtyard and outside of the bldgs. ,so almost have a good Ocean View.. the higher the better.

If you send me a PM... I can give you the Best Numbers to ask for. South is better and good view from 7th. or 8th. floor. Inside courtyard can be Noisy till Midnight..

joy

Downers Grove...
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

Hi Joy,

We are in the process of booking our spring break trip at the RIU Vallarta and cannot decide between a family room and a junior suite ocean view. We have two adults and two kids. My husband and I would really like the king size bed which will not be an option in the junior suite as we will need to beds. Any advice? Should we suck it up and go with the junior suite with two double beds?

Downers Grove...
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

Hi, I am curious as to what you decided as far as rooms. We are going over spring break and cannot decide between a family room or junior suite. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jen

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
532 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

We stayed in the family room over this past spring break (March 2013) and I was not overly impressed - but it was ok. If your kids are younger and you don't mind sharing a full size bed with them - I think I would (in hindsight) have gone for the Oceanview. We did have a small view of the ocean from our room though.

Good luck!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

1boilermaker:

the Family room have One king and One double.

the Jr. Suites Are NOT suites..like NO kitchen or two bedroom etc. .(like in some other resorts) so kids would have to sleep on the sofa (not all Jr.Suites have a sofa that Opens..They have to be requested....and when they do it would be a wide as a 3/4 bed,(two cushion).. NOTE: the suites have only ONE King bed....

Ocean View ???? almost all rooms have OV.. the Suites have DIRECT view, whereas the reg.room and family rooms have angle views. The Higher the Better..

Only difference between a Jr. suite and Reg.room or Family, is the suites have a Sofa.. Bed area, then a couple steps down to the tv, coffee table and Sofa then door to deck and WHITE towels. Nothing else..

How old are the Kids? I would go for the Family room... then get a cot if needed.

I'll send you a PM...

Joy

6. Re: Family Rooms at the Riu Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:26