We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

Can any of you give recommendations and amouts on using your resort dollars at the Hard Rock?

We have been before when it was the Vallarta Palace and are curious If there have been any changes in using resort dollars.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,927 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

WE noted some changes but off top of my head you can use for wine upgrades, lobster tails, upgrade room to concierge level if available, romantic dinner on beach, photo shoots, canal tour and some other tours, mostly on boats...#300. worth in spa I think...cannot use in store, believe you could before. We were unable to use all of ours as we have done all the tours, but wheat we did use were were happy with the romantic dinner was very good, and I guess we missed some other dinner...

good luck they will go over it all with you in detail when you arrive. Enjoy!

Columbus, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

I've seen many of your postings in the past. Thank you for your response to my question. We are looking forward to our stay at the HR/VP. Would like to be there now but must wait for the appropriate dates. Thanks again.

Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

New since last year, add 16% sevice/tax on credits used to be paid with real $$

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,927 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

Oh yes thanks for the reminder Donner1951, you do have to pay in real US dollars a 16% service tax...so if you use all 1500 credits you will pay our of pocket $240. US. You did not used to have to pay that but now you do..so be it, still worth it...$300. worth of spa $48. US...

Happy Vacations!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

This is going to be my first time in mexico, I have booked at this hotel.. for people that have been before could you make any recommendations to what tours would be worth doing

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,927 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

Swimming with the dolphins, Sunset Cruise, Las Caletas at night forget name,got it Rhythms of the Night), spas, romantic dinner on beach....

I found the canal tour boring..as many others did too...

You can see what they offer when you go and then decide...

Minneapolis...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

We just got back from the Hard Rock. We used $260 of our credit in the spa for two massages which were to die for!!! You can only use up to $300 in the spa but remember you will pay 16%. We also swam with the dolphins and did the ziplining. The ziplining is valued at $99 US so you will pay $16 for the tax and the dolphins are valued at $189 so you will pay $30 tax for that. When you get to the Hard Rock and set up your tours the people will give you all the details on where to go and at what time. The dolphin tour picks you up in the lobby at 1 pm and then you walk down the street and get on a boat that takes you about 4 minutes across the bay. We were told we would return by 3 but didn't get back until 4. In regards to the ziplining, you have to take a taxi to the meeting spot at 7:45 am (about $7) for the 8 a.m. open air bus departure. We were told the bus trip would be 45-50 minutes but it was actually 80 minutes. Once there they move swiftly in getting you on the zip lines . There are 10 lines and it was great except you MUST be in great physical condition because you will be walking from the end of one zip line to the start of the next one and you literally are climbing the mountain to get there. We were a group of 14 that are all fit and can tell you we were dying. The zip's take about an hour and then they make sure to tell you they want $20 in tips and then won't bring the bus back to take you back to the resort for another 90 minutes to 2 hours. We all complained and demanded the bus to take us back earlier but they made up a bunch of reasons why we had to wait. Of course our kids were starving so we had to buy lunch at their restaurant and for a kids cheeseburger meal and bottled water it was $13. We were told by the Hard Rock we would return by 12:30-1 p.m. and did not get back until almost 3 p.m. Have fun!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

im coming from Australia.. so would you recommend changing money up to US dollars as well as peso as you mentioned you have to pay the service tax in us currency? Or would just leaving it on my card and paying like that be best?

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,927 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

We paid ours in credit card..

10. Re: Hard Rock and use of $1500 resort dollars.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:18