We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing in Sayulita

Boston...
Level Contributor
109 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing in Sayulita

Hi,

We're headed to VDPF in 11 days (WOOHOO) and it is our first time in the area and without kids. My partner mentioned yesterday that he'd like to try surfing and it seems that Sayulita is the place to go, correct? I also remember reading on the forum awhile ago that there's a bus that goes there (versus taking a taxi) but I couldn't find the thread. Has anyone surfed there and could you provide some advice. I'm recovering from a back injury, so not sure if I will try surfing or not.

Thanks for any advice. The anticipation for me is always such a fun part of vacations!

Alissa

Boston...
Level Contributor
109 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing in Sayulita

Of course, right after I posted this, I found this thread: tripadvisor.com/…48216909

But I would still appreciate any additional advice. Thanks!

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing in Sayulita

We went to sayulita twice on our last trip to Nuevo. We stayed at Playa Royale (Paradise Village) and took the bus there and back the first time. I found the bus ride to be really long, mostly with all the stops and then switching buses and running across the highway with our little guy.

The second time we went, we planned to take a cab to Mega and then take a bus from there, to save a lot of time and energy. Our cab driver heard that we were planning to go to sayulita and offered us a ride for 250 pesos (it was 110 just to Mega) so we took it. I was so happy. We took the bus home though.

Have fun! Sayulita is an awesome place!

San Rafael...
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
414 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing in Sayulita

We go to Sayulita every year we stay in Nuevo Vallarta. We take the bus from the Mega store and it is a great ride and you get to see lots of country and little towns and lots of people watching! Every one seems to enjoy the surfing and the town is awesome. We always rent chairs from Don Pedros and enjoy there food. There are lots of place to eat. You'll love it. It is beautiful and the water is heavenly. Enjoy!!!

4. Re: Surfing in Sayulita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:15