We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
13,390 posts
551 reviews
Save Topic
Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

I am here at Grand Velas NV....will be here 5 days..so if you have questions ask away...so far all is great...Dined at Frida tonight ..very good service, food, music...etc...incredible room on 7th floor with great view...Mom is thrilled with Mother's Day here...( early treat for her).

Weather windy...and not as hot as expected, hoping for better tomorrow..if not it is okay the room is spacious, jacuzzi and loungers on terrace..oh having breakfast on patio in morning..room service, yes pampering...

Check in tomorrow...

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

Have a great time.............two more sleeps for us.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

I posted the below on your other thread so you can ignore that one...

bezerk thanks for the pm.

some questions:

- how do you like the new menus ? I believe last time you were there, the menus were the old ones ? I missed some items such as foei gras, etc. that were on the old menus.

- During our three stays we have never been able to get the awesome cilantro margaritas that you mention. Are they serving it now ?

- How is the occupancy level ?

- Are you saying now you can make dinner reservations online ? That seems to be a change.

- Did they have a Wednesday evening show ? Was it the Mexican ? Sometimes the show gets cancelled.

Anything different compared to your last stay ?

Oh, so wish we were there :)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,390 posts
551 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

agshah...I wish you were here also, what fun we would have...

Honestly I have no idea if they had a show as we had late dinner reservations then went to lounge, but if I recall when they have that they set up booths with goods for sale from atisans and did not see any of that.

I answered the other question on the other post..LOL but will answer on this one from here on..

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
129 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

Bezerk, do they have Jack Daniels. As silly as it is, it's what my husband drinks. We will be there in October...can't wait. And thanks!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,390 posts
551 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

agshah...Yes you can get cilantro Margaritas, specialty in Mexican ( Frida) Restaurant, but if you want in another one of restaurants just ask and they will make it, I asked tonight in Piaf....I also had a Mescal Specialty drink in Piaf that usually is from Mexican Restaurant. I am stuffed to the gills, the service was incredible, the food exquisite, and the drinks great, I had a Black Orchid martini, delicious! It was the special drink of the night. They also had tables set up with things for sale tonight, but again we went to late dinner so not sure if something was going on...I had main course Salmon yummy and my mom had rack of lamb absolutely wonderful...I booked our last night Saturday here, to dine at Piaf again. The waiters Rudolfo and Francisco were great and Nevith the hostess was so gracious and accommodating.. What a nice night...

Desertgal63...I am not sure on Jack Daniels but I will ask tomorrow for you...I bet they do..will let you know...You are going to love it there...start counting down the days before October and goodness go on a diet before you come as everything is so good, you cannot resist anything, or maybe that is just my problem LOL..

Mentioned in this post
Piaf
Piaf
176 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
397 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

How is the weather Can you let me know how warm it is?? leaving tomorrow morning and usually arrve in April expectng much warmer temps Thanks

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

Butsey, it's been high in the mid to upper 80s, low in the mid 60s. It can be breezy at the beach.

I see you are from Philadelphia, what airline are you using? My husband is from Philadelphia and has been wanting his sister to come visit.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

sioux4noff...if you are talking a summer visit (June, July or August), United is running some specials around $572 round trip out of Philly...good times, too...via Houston.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

great, thanks for the info on this and the other thread.

I will have to try the Black Orchid martini and the mezcal drink you mention.

Strange, all three times I have been there and went to Piaf and asked for Cilantro Margarita they said they don't have it. They only had tamarind, mango and some other, I don't remember. You must be special :)

Mentioned in this post
Piaf
Piaf
176 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit......??????

I meant to say "went to Frida", not "went to Piaf"

Mentioned in this post
Piaf
Piaf
176 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico