We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
284 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

We'll be staying at Paradise Village Beach Resort and have been told to make our exchange there. Does anyone know if they traditionally have a competitive exchange rate? I can exchange here in the US before we leave by paying a $25 fee, and they quote today's rate as 0.095. Advice, please. Thank you in advance.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
362 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

The past two winters when we've been there it's been competitive. Don't know what the exchange rate is now. We typically exchange at our home bank and travel with peso's ~ don't want to have to worry about changing money on holidays.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
939 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

Exchange at Paradise Village as their exchange rates are competitive. It should be about 12:1 as opposed to the 10.5:1 plus $25 fee at home.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

We stay at Paradise Village every year and exchange there. The rate is better than the US and there isn't a fee,

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,506 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

From my knowledge PV gives a decent exchange rate...no fee.. remember the exchange rate varies many times per day..so if the market is saying 12.05 right now you will get about 11.8 usually, so like 3/10 of point less in general...

You can call PV but then who knows what the exchange will be when you arrive..I have found you always get better exchange here than at home, and for Americans you need a passport to exchange, no all banks will not exchange US dollars any longer...most resorts ask for copy of passport when you check in...then when you want to exchange money at front desk they already have it on file.. easy peasy..

denver, colorado
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

Two days ago I coverted at a Wells Fargo bank in denver at 11.33 to US $1. If you are a bank member the transaction is free, if not there is a $5 US fee. Over the years I have coverted in PV. but learned it is easier to just do it at home prior to going. FYI...Sometime the PV airport has had a decent conversion rate.

6. Re: Exchanging US dollars to pesos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations