We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard Rock Vallarta

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hard Rock Vallarta

Has anyone dealt with the cancellation policy at this or any other HR locations? We had to go home a few days early because of a family emergency and were charged $600 USD despite giving them 5 days notice. They were not apologetic, but more "mater of fact". Because of the emergency we weren't at the liberty to argue over their greediness, but still wonder if others have experienced the same issue. We'll be making sure others are aware of this negative experience prior to booking their next vacation with any Hard Rock properties. Especially if they even think about becoming a member. To think we wasted so much money on a resort that doesn't value its' members and an unpredictable emergency with children. Very sad! Beware!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
951 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard Rock Vallarta

Do you have cancellation insurance or if you paid by credit card, do you have cancellation insurance through the credit card ussuer?

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard Rock Vallarta

Thanks for your first post on the TripAdvisor!

Unfortunately for you and for others who are honest when they have a real family emergency arise during their vacation, there are those who lie and make up stories so they can try to cut their vacation trips short for the smallest of reasons. The resort management people can't tell the difference.

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I don't think any other resort would have handled your situation differently.

Edited: 19 May 2013, 22:01
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,670 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard Rock Vallarta

I at one time have had to cancel many vacations etc. due to my health or family health, have never had an issue with any of the resorts I have dealt with, I did have a tiny issue with HR when it was palace and was DX with Cancer but resolved to our satisfaction...I find many resorts to be very accommodating in emergencies but guess it might be in how handled etc.. who knows..I am a member of many resorts so maybe that makes a difference.

I would think if you were there and spent some time at resort there would be charges...

4. Re: Hard Rock Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 06:16