We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of Marival Residences

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
525 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews of Marival Residences

Going to be staying at the Marival for my son's wedding June 20-25 and have been reading the hotel reviews. Just curious as to why most reviewers have only 1-2 reviews under their belt--anybody know???

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,838 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

I've talked to numerous people who have really enjoyed their stay at this hotel. You should have a wonderful time for a very special occasion.

That said, I looked at some of the recent reviews and I think you're right to be a bit suspicious when reviewers don't have any history of posting hotel reviews or on forums. Sure, everyone starts somewhere, but most people join the TA and post a review of a hotel or restaurant when things go very wrong. (They don't typically join just to write a glowing report.) I usually pay attention to reviews that point out both the good and the bad.

When looking at reviews, I pretty much disregard the ones that only have super great things to say or just complain about how awful a place was.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,725 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

Wow... I agree with Elenamex.. she is right On. . Too Many First time posters and Just Joined ,hmmmmm.. Funny Managment Answer's Every One ...

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
500 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

I will be there next month and ill post a honest review so people could know

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
525 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

I will also post an honest review when I get back. After all that's why we all check out tripadvisor.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

Not all folks like Mexico.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
245 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

My parents have been three times - and they love it! They have gone with a group, and no one has had anything less than a wonderful experience.

In fact, my parents love it so much that they are taking us for Christmas this year (can't wait). They don't use tripadvisor, but I'm sure you can see from my profile that I do. :)

I hope that helps... of course, I can't post a review until next January,

Indiana...
Level Contributor
618 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

I have been there 3x and am booked again for October. I've written 60+ reviews. Marival Residences is a wonderful place. Reading the recent reviews, I think they're honest and spot on. I just wrote one today snout our most recent trip. We did have a few issues regarding our stay with our one year old grandson, but our stay was still overall fantastic. Enjoy!

calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

why always knock the first time posters we all gotta start somewhere.

Yonkers, NY
Level Contributor
500 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

If you are the boring type marival could really work for you.

Indiana...
Level Contributor
618 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews of Marival Residences

Grace-

Just wondering what type of excitement you prefer in vacation? I for one don't enjoy "crazy games" at the pool, bingo, Spanish lessons, bikini contests or the like that I've experienced at some resorts. The residences offered peace & quiet but has excursions included as well. If you want the noisy pool games, they have that at the sister resort. Just curious what you look for to make your vacation interesting.