We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

Hi there, I have been to Mexico several times but never to Nuevo vallarta area. My boyfriend is wanting to golf and I see that there is a golf course nearby the flamingos. What is the best way to get there? By cab? Is it a safe area to do so??

Also the riu vallarta looks just beautiful to me, but the last five to ten reviews on it do not seem very good...did I just catch the resort at the wrong time with some picky people? It looks wonderful to me but by the reviews maybe not, any insight would help thank you!

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

the area is perfectly safe, we go twice a year to Nuevo and never had issues. Sign up for the Riu Class program and you will get a discount at the Flamingos golf course. At least that's how it used to be when we stayed there in 2008. We enjoyed our stay back then. Plus you get to use Riu Jalisco which is practically next door.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

As Agshah said... Very Safe. Nuevo (new) Vallarta is North of PVR Airport. Mostly newer Resorts..Gates to get into the area.

This map might help : http://vallarta-info.com/nuevo.html

You can Read My reviews.. 6 stays in 4 years. So we like it there. Not too large, not too small. and YES a perk is you can go over to the Riu Jalisco (one condo inbetween).

Sometimes the reviews ,have Lots to do with Time you go... Holidays..etc. You can see by Mine, that one time we Didn't have a Fantastic stay, but still a Good stay.

Lots of reviewers..are Newbie... who don't do their Homework, Don't use Safe.. etc. etc. then do a Bad Review.

IMHO. the Riu Vallarta is a great resort.

The Jalisco is closing Aug. to Nov. for redo... I think Vallarta would be a couple more years, then it will have a redo. Lots of traffic.

Re: Golf.. a cab would cost about $5.00

Feel free to ask any questions.

Joy

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we just booked two weeks at the Riu Vallarta for December 1! So excited as it looks gorgeous . I understand some people don't quite understand the AI thing and feel they need a personal butler, in which case they should get one. As for us , a swim up bar, clean rooms and lots of sun is exactly what we are after ! Can't wait.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

Good going.... Mexico resort rateings are NOT the same as Canadian/USD hotel rateings. So if you see 5 star, Like the Rius are, then IMHO they are 3 1/2 star USD/Candian...for the Jalisco, 4 star for the Vallarta, and 4 1/2 for the Pacifico.

NO room service, not even at the Pacifico.

WE go in Dec. also, most years for 2 weeks. You Picked a GOOD time to go... Prior to the RUSH at Xmas..

The Pool will be Chilly, as they are Not heated..

You can e-mail , about 10days out..for the type of room/beds you want.

PM if you want more info on Room.

Joy

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

We had room service at the Pacifico in Oct, unless things have changed

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

We have booked a junior suite and I requested a higher floor as we like the view , any other suggestions for requests ?

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

I have one more question ( may seem silly haha ) just from pictures it doesn't look like there are alot of chairs by the pool in the sun ? Are these pictures just hard to see , I see alot in the shade and far away from the pool but I am a sun hog and like being right by the pool ( so I can keep an eye on my stuff and be in the sun always) I know it seems silly and wouldn't change my decision at all I'm just curious haha .

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

Opps.. sorry about the Room Service.. Pacifico...

You won't have trouble getting Sun ,around pool.... Just drop the Umbrella. (new ones in June/I think you can FRY right through them)..LOL. Trust me.. July you will Look for shade........

We stayed in a Junior suite, first time., Bldg. is built like a U. They are Located. INside the U in the courtyard.all Face Direct to the Water. And at the Ends of the U, all Face Direct to pools and water. All have the Best Views..the Higher the better.

Send me a PM... and I can give you numbers that would be good. Do you mind Noise? Courtyard is Noise, but you can People watch more.

9. Re: Help...Riu Vallarta questions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 05:18