We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swim-up bar at DVM

Chicago
Level Contributor
80 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Swim-up bar at DVM

We’ve been toying with the idea of going to Dreams VillaMagna next year. We have always enjoyed hanging out at the pool bar at all the resorts we’ve stayed at and are disappointed Dreams does not have one. If you’ve been there – did you miss not having a swim-up bar?

LouieLovesMexico

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swim-up bar at DVM

There are three pools, two of which are heated.

The pool service is very good and there is a bar near the Ocean end and another against the Dreams Building.

Alberta
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swim-up bar at DVM

I have to agree with Bob, the poolside service was so good, we didn't miss not having a swim up bar. Plus the thought of people sitting in the water all day drinking, and you know what comes after that, has always grossed me out a bit. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to have a drink in the pool at all.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swim-up bar at DVM

Been there 5 times. Service around the 3 pools and the beach is great. The waiters are quick and funny. Never wanted for a drink. Like others, no really a fan of swim up bars. Too many people sit there all day and never move. I guess thast's why the water is a little warmer and off color around them. LOL

Dreams has so may other great things that a swim up bar is not missed.

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swim-up bar at DVM

Not a fan of swim ups for all the same reasons, but they do not allow you to be next to the pool or sit on the edge with a drink from what I hear...not so sure I would like that. Riu Palace Pacifico is wonderful...the idea of this one being in a condo complex is also a turn off for me!

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swim-up bar at DVM

DVM is a pretty quiet place and the feel of it doesn't lend itself to a swim up bar so I didn't miss it. If you want to party it's not a great place but I really appreciated not worrying about someone dropping their glass in the pool as the staff are really good at making sure no one brings a drink too close to the edge. I have wandered around the pool with a drink without a problem but putting a glass by the pool edge is not allowed.

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swim-up bar at DVM

Just had 2 couples come back Saturday from a 2 week stay, they were worried about not having a swim up bar, she said it was not an issue, as the wait service at the pool was incredible. They loved everything about it except a few to many kids (this time of year when they are not in school) and they had to drive to Chicago, which they hate, always say they will not do again, but always do! Said it was one of the best trips ever.

7. Re: Swim-up bar at DVM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 07:18