We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Vallarta VS Pacifico

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Vallarta VS Pacifico

I have stayed at the Vallarta before but I can get a deal to stay at the Pacifico for about

120 bucks extra per person. Can anyone tell me if there are any real advantages to staying

there. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Vallarta VS Pacifico

Pacifico is newer and from what I have read, more upscale (rooms, food, booze) and usually more couples and fewer families with kids.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Vallarta VS Pacifico

We've been to both - I think that the Pacifico is less crowded maybe. Wait staff at pool and beach were always there to get drinks - very rarely did we wait long. It is quieter - less of a party atmosphere, but it was still good. For an extra $120. pp, I'd go there.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,251 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Vallarta VS Pacifico

Wow. for 120 each well worth it. .

If you go to the Palace you can go to the other two. (Jalisco is closed until Mid NOV..for Reno.)

Palace has NO Disco.. so if this is your thing... you have to go to the other two.

Palace has NO sep. Adult pool..just One big pool... so whatever kids are there are allowed at the swim Up BAR.. Not Good IMHO.

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Vallarta VS Pacifico

been to both, liked Palace better in terms of food, service, facility, etc. Also, palace has room service in case you came back from a day trip late and the restaurants are closed ...

plus as said, you can use the other two Riu's...

5. Re: Riu Vallarta VS Pacifico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta