We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

It is mentioned once in the reviews that you can't drink the water at the Grand Bliss. Is this true? We've been coming to Pv NV for years and never worry about that. Mainly stay at Paradise Village and Playa ROyale but will be at the GB next week.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

We are owners at Grand Bliss, and have never had an issue. They state that their water is purified, but to be on the safe side, we usually get a cab to Walmart upon arrival and stock up on bottled water. We wash our face, bathe, and brush our teeth with the water at The Grand Bliss, but drinking it, we use purified bottle water.

Hope that helps!

Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

Is it safe for us to take our 2 month old granddaughter and her parents to the grand bliss resort in mexico? Concerned about drinking water and proximity and rating of hospitals and Doctors.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

777, Thanks for your first post on the TripAdvisor, but I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "...ratings of hospitals and Doctors.". I live in nearby Bucerias for part of the year and the medical and dental care that I've received since 2001 has been as good or better than the care that I receive in the States.

You will be very near to a branch of the San Javier Hospital (and their Emergency Room).

Toronto
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

Thank you for your response.

How safe is the bottled water? Is it safe to mix powdered formula with the bottled water? My daughter in law will be nursing her 2 month old baby, is it safe for her to drink the bottled water? WE will be staying at the Grand Bliss Riviera Maya.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
622 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

The bottled water is the same as we have at home. While we were there a couple of years ago, my uncle had a medical emergency. The doctor at the hotel provided fantastic care. My uncle ended up requiring surgery and was in San Javier hospital for over a week. The hospital and staff were amazing, and I do not believe he would have received the same care at home.

I have been to several Mayan properties and generally there is a sign near the kitchen sink advising that the tap water is fine to drink. Nuevo Vallarta is the only location where I haven't seen the sign, so I would stick to bottled water, especially for the baby.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,670 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

You stated above you are staying at Grand Bliss Riviera Maya if so you are on wrong forum, this is for Nuevo Vallarta or Riviera Nayarit.

Bottled water is fine for a baby or anyone. Health care in Mexico is excellent.

Rancho Palos...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

Our group of two families including three small children aged 3 to 5 just returned from what I can say was probably THE WORST VACATION OF MY LIFE. And I guess it's my fault for reading up and assuming we wouldn't have a problem with drinking water served in the restaurants and bars at the Grand Luxxe, Nuevo Vallarta, but my two children (3 and 5) as well as my friend's daughter (4) and I all got very, very sick from what I can only determine had to be the water.

Now, the property itself was absolutely wonderful and fortunately we were able to enjoy the majority of the first 3 days out of the 7 we were there.

But on our 3rd day, we started falling like dominoes. My wife and my friend didn't get sick but I drink a lot more water than they do and so do my kids and that had to have been it.

So I'm just warning you....by all means, visit the Grand Luxxe and the other properties because it really is a nice spot but DO NOT DRINK THE WATER.

Unless you want to be very popular with the very helpful and friendly resort doctor, who visited our room FOUR TIMES during our 7 night stay and administered a shot to my son and an IV shot to me, along with a slew of other meds.

Thankfully, we're all healthy now but it was pretty scary and I had the worst 3-day long headache of my life.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
132 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

I am sorry about the sickness but can't believe it had anything to do with the water!

When I wrote my question, I had been coming to Vallarta since 1997 with NEVER a problem and was staying at the bliss for the first time and saw a comment about water.

We own at the luxxe now as well as Playa Royale where we stay 4 months yearly and never have any problems with the water .

Since I have been back in Indianapolis though I Have been sick twice.....but not from the water.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,424 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

I agree, Note, there is a virus going around.. Did you travel to Sayulita by chance?? Dklein?? Virus or something else has made other very sick lately.

Edited: 13 May 2015, 15:26
wa
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinking Water at the Grand Bliss

Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are all fully recovered.

We have been owners here for 14 years and have never gotten sick on any of there properties We were also recently at the Grand Luxxe NV and myself and all are family drank the water and did not get sick. With a huge resort like this I feel perfectly confidant that they have there own purifying system..