We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elusive baby turtles

San Mateo
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Elusive baby turtles

I just got stood up by a tour company I paid $125 (US dollars!) to in order to guarantee that my family gets to participate in the baby turtle release. I reluctantly signed up for the tour because I was told night after night that there were no baby turtles for release when my hotel concierge called Bahia del Sol. Any advice? Should I just go directly to Bahia del Sol? What time? I only have one more night here in Nuevo Vallarta. I'm staying at Villa La Estancia. Thanks!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Elusive baby turtles

We nearly stepped on a herd of hatchlings that was making a break for it yesterday afternoon around 5:30pm. There were already some people lurking around the area waiting for the schedule release at the nearby turtle sanctuary, they were pretty happy to participate in a less structured event! In the end about 75 turtles were rounded up and placed in the holding container located at the sanctuary, presumably to be released at sunset.

This morning we were walking past Marival, where a couple of maintenance workers were busy pulling turtle eggs out of hole they had been digging for other purposes.

All in all, it's been turtlemania around here lately!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Elusive baby turtles

Did this last night. Very cool. Lots of people.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Elusive baby turtles

we are in PV now, is there still baby turtle releases nightly, thanks

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Elusive baby turtles

Sask Follow instructions in post #11. $27.pesos. Have fun.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Elusive baby turtles

There is definitely a baby turtle release this evening. I just saw a group of kids deliver a small bucket of hatchlings to the sanctuary from further up the beach.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Elusive baby turtles

We will be arriving in Bucerias at the end of January. Will there still be turtles hatching at that time?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Elusive baby turtles

Heading to the area next week. Possibly more baby turtle releases to be witnessed in 2014?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
779 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Elusive baby turtles

Not sure how long this goes on for. You do more than witness, though. You hold them and release them.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Elusive baby turtles

Well here's hoping... thank you

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
620 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply