We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams VM, did you know...

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
saskatchewan
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams VM, did you know...

I had researched this forum about Dreams and this is one thing I didn't know.

My husband asked the concierge about the sip, savour and see option. We wanted to book at Secrets/ Now Amber and also Dreams PV. We booked the Now Amber for Dinner and were told if we wanted DreamsPV it was also available to us as a day pass. Free of charge. We didn't end up going but I wanted to share the info.

Another thing I didn't know about was the phone in our room is available free of charges. It was nice to have it for calling home.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

This could be shared on the Puerto Vallarta forum. .

Good Info.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

There is a large poster on each floor (at least in the oceanview tower) detailing about the dine around program. It is free (reservation with the concierge needed) but taxi to and from is on you (not included). You can go from approx. 6 PM til the last bar closes.

There is now free wifi throughout the resort. You download an app (they will help if needed) and you have free internet and can make free calls to land lines (not to cells) in the US and Canada. The room phone is new to me as it was not available yet in October but wife used her tablet to call mom everyday.

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

pvis4me

Just read your review. Very nice. Surprised to hear about the pool table as I did not see it in the 2 pics that Dreams posted on Facebook. Where is it?

Also in the past, kids were only allowed up there til til 9 PM then had to leave (and rule was strictly enforced). Were they allowed all night now?

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

We were there when the sky bar was closed. They had it set up on the first floor instead. They had an air hockey and a pool table set up there. It was well after 9 pm and one of our friends went to the bartenders to ask when the children were leaving. Bartender just said there was really nothing he could do. It wasn't a really big deal but it is nice to get away from kids for a little while... It was probably worse because we were there so close to xmas.

The option they gave us to go to Dreams PV was not just the evening dine around. It was available as a day pass. He told us we could go in the morning and stay all day and have dinner.No charge, no strings, just pay the taxi. Only to Dreams pv though. Not Now and Secrets.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

That is different. Whilst at Now Amber/Secrets last year we also saw and read about the Sip/See/Savor program but it was, as said, only for dinner.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

We are headed back to Dreams VM in mid January. I had heard that the Sky bar had re-opened, back where it was originally. I can't imagine kids being allowed there at all, it would seem to be an adult type bar, after all most kids (mine) wont touch sushi with a 10 foot pole. At our last 2 visits I don't remember any kids there, maybe it was the time of year. Does anyone have the name of the new contact/concierge at Dreams VM? Apparently they change frequently and Ixchel Mendoza is longer with Dreams VM. She was wonderful!

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

She was replaced by Brenda (who went to Grand Velas) who was replaced by Victoria (who went to the Carribean). Currently there is no one hired yet. If you are on Facebook, you can try Dreams VM e-concierge.

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
121 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

Thanks Senor Bobo,

I always enjoy your posts while you are at Villa Magna and your knowledge of the area :) Ok, I will try and contact someone through the Facebook page. I had always wondered what happened to Ixchel, she was a gem! I will try and post any info while I am there, but truthfully on vacation, I have a tendency to get very lazy. Happy travels all!

Chicago
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

We had the privilege of knowing Ixchel, Brenda and Victoria. All 3 were special ladies who worked hard to insure that the guests had a great visit.

10. Re: Dreams VM, did you know...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:18