We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Vallarta

Wales
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Vallarta

Are guests at the Riu Vallarta allowed to use the facilities at the Riu Jalisco and vice versa?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Vallarta

Vallarta guests can go over to Jalisco Stay at One Play at two.. (one condo in between) but Jalisco guests can't go to Vallarta.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Vallarta

Vallarta gets ful use of all Jalisco facilities except the evening ala cartes. Jalisco gets nothing at the Vallarta.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Vallarta

Plus the Riu Palace Pacifico is stay at one Play at 3. they can go to the other two.

As Bob Stated, Not for Dinner.

Wales
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Vallarta

Thanks for the prompt response.We are going to the Vallarta do you know if they serve sparkling wine/cava as this is my wife's favourite tipple?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Vallarta

When do you go, long flights... Vallarta is nicer than Bachata.. so You will like it I'm sure.

Wine isn't the best., but they do have Champane. Just have to ask.

Do check out the Top Questions ,for sure the one on Airport and the Time Share Sharks..here... tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g150793-i46-Puerto_…

plus this map might help... Nuevo (new vallarta) is North of Airport, as you cross the river you are in another State.Nayarit... Nuevo, is wonderful beach area.with resorts,condos and residences.

http://vallartainfo.com/nuevo.html

My reviews: might give more tips. tripadvisor.ca/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Wales
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Vallarta

We go in May.We have stayed in the area about 10 years ago and have wanted to return but they have only recently reintroduced non stop direct flights from the UK(still about 12 hrs)Have been to the Yucatan area several times but from what I remember the Pacific coast is a lot different.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Vallarta

May is great time to go... Thinking of booking again for May or June.

Wales
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Vallarta

Yes it helps prepare us for the wet British summer.You are obviously the lady in the know when it comes to the Vallarta,do you have the best email address and maybe a contact for the hotel.As Riu Class Gold members we always mail about a week beforehand with our preferences and any tips on the best rooms to request would be appreciated. We have booked a standard double.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Vallarta

JoLee

We will be at Dreams VM again on May 13 to 27. Maybe we all can finally met up.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Vallarta

Would be nice bob.

You can contact resort about 10days out...as they won't assign rooms till then,or have booking.

E;Mail: hotel.vallarta@riu.com

Re: your room request... send me a PM and I'll give you a couple numbers.

Joy