We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Grand NV questions.....

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Grand NV questions.....

We are looking at a vacation for a week.

Is the water clear? Snakes in the water? Hobies or kayaks for use as part of the all inclusive?

Are rooms renovated? Is food good? Are premium liquors served?

Thank you!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Grand NV questions.....

The water is not crystal clear and few resorts offer hobie cats I know the Riu Palace does but the Occidental did not have them when I stayed there in 2009. Palace has top shelf liquor not sure about the Occidental. But most rooms do not have a balcony at the Occidental and that is a deal breaker for me. Plus you are hounded by time share people each time you come off the elevator.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Grand NV questions.....

Depends on what part of resort you are in as to if you have balcony or not. If going via a timeshare they have balconies, hotel no.

AI has lots for kids & teens to do. Alcohol is not premium or top shelf. Food is quite good for an AI, and the buffet is actually very good. Meticulously clean and checked etc...

No the water is not crystal clear as it is not the Caribbean but is nice, beach is nice as well. I have not seen any snakes in water but who knows.. I have encountered jelly fish etc..

The timeshare rooms have been renovated but esthetically look great, functionally we had a few minor issues. It has been a few years I think so most likely resolved now.

Decent resort, pool is small for size of resort I think, we might return. Location in NV is great with Paradise mall walkable across the street.

Indiana
Level Contributor
15 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Grand NV questions.....

Wondering if anyone can give me suggestions about getting to the Occidental Grand NV from the airport. We are not new to Mexico, but we usually have our airport transfers arranged. Not concerned about taxi service, but it would be nice to have an answer from some travelers who have been there/done that. Does anyone know where this property is in relationship to the Hard Rock? Going to both resorts a few weeks apart.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Occidental Grand NV questions.....

Occidental is next door to Hard Rock. You do not need to prearrange transfer service as taxi's are readily available. Just exit the customs red light/green light area, walk through the shark tank (time share area) without stopping, out towards the outside area, just before you exit outdoors you will see the taxi booths. It's a set rate, zone 2??? It's very quick and easy.

5. Re: Occidental Grand NV questions.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:19