We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand mayan resort shopping on site

michigan
Level Contributor
768 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
grand mayan resort shopping on site

In the past there was a small market just outside and toward the outside the Grand Mayan building ( where we can no longer get off the property).

Is that market still there or only the new one by the Grand Luxxe building that I have been reading about. can any one give me some idea of costs???

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
The Grand Mayan Nuevo...
3,908 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Grand Luxxe Nuevo...
3,715 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
218 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand mayan resort shopping on site

We were there in late January, and the only store on the main property is the new "Plaza" in the remodeled Mayan Palace. I don't remember exact prices, but they were double to 2.5 times Wal-mart for pop, bread, liquor, lunch meat, chips. If you needed one or two things it would be better than Wal-Mart plus taxi fare. But for a weekly stock up, it would be very expensive.

There is still a Sun Market outside the Sea Garden. We walked through the employee entrance and out the side gate past there, but did not go in to see how there prices compared.

Mentioned in this post
Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta
Mayan Palace Nuevo...
1,397 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Sea Garden Nuevo Vallarta
Sea Garden Nuevo Vallarta
709 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
2. Re: grand mayan resort shopping on site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 05:20