We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

Anyone stayed at the VM condos recently? Most of the reviews are all about the hotel and not the condo. Wanting to book soon and just wondering if anyone had some thoughts?

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

We have been renting a Condo for the Month of March for the last 5 years or so.

We will be there again in a few days. What info are you looking for? The best place to rent would be on vrbo.com but they go fast and if your looking for something over the next couple months you may be out of luck.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

I have found a few I like and not looking until end of Jan. next year. As soon as the flights come out from Emdonton I will be booking. We really want to know if the pool is heated, if we can bring drinks from our condo to the pool (cans or bubba mugs), can we eat at the restaurants of the hotel an is it pricey, are there restaurants or groceries close by? We are bringing 4 kids, so will probably cook a lot, but a snack is always nice. We've been to PV many times, but this will be our first in a condo in NV, so any info is helpful.

Chicago
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

You can eat at the Dreams restaurants but the per meal price us steep. Better idea is to get the all inclusive package for a 24 hour period at about $80 for adults and $40 for kids. Mega store is a quick cab ride away for groceries and drinks. Never a problem bringing our own drinks to the pool. A few restaurants are a 10 minute walk away: El Dinamita, fajita republic, Riviera Grill and a taco stand grill place.

I know the pool closest to the hotel is heated. I think one other may be heated too but not as warm as the pool by the hotel. The pool closest to the beach does not feel heated but when we go in April it is just fine.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

We will be at the Villa Magna condos this Saturday - can't wait. This will be our 4th year for renting a condo and thoroughly enjoy it. There are three pools and our experience has been that the one closes to the hotel is heated and last year the one in the middle was even heated. Unfortunately the one closes to the ocean is definitely very cool. You can bring your own drinks to the pool but of course they cannot be in a glass container. Our experience has been that if you are in the pool your drink must be outside the pool and so many inches away from the edge of the pool. We have had the great pleasure of having the pool security come by and ask us to move our drinks an 1/8 of an inch back from the pools edge - go figure!! We do not buy the Dreams Villa Magna all-inclusive day pass as we enjoy doing our own cooking on our balcony of the condo.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,913 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

Maried11.. I sent yo a PM.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

Thanks all:) Good info to know:)

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

Have a great vacation.....2k*-#<

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,913 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

Good Honest NEW review...

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

I agree with the new review that the VM is like a condo complex not a resort. There isn't much of a lobby, it's just a few seats (filled with people waiting for transfers/cabs), a bar, timeshare people standing around and it's next to the road. The coffee shop is next to the road also. I didn't like the feel of it at all. I probably wouldn't return to VM, but if I did, I would do condo only privately. The buffet wasn't very good at all for breakfast and lunch and the poolside restaurant was just too hot to enjoy eating in, although the food was great. Dinner's were good at the a-la-cartes. There wasn't much to walk to like there is with Paradise Village area.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
515 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone stayed at the Villamagna condos lately?

We have stayed in the VM condos the past 4 years in Dec/Jan, usually for 3 or 4 weeks each stay. We are booked to return Dec. 2014 for 3 weeks. We like this complex as we are beach people and the complex has a large beach area with sufficient beach palapas so there are no 7 am towel games (except a day or two before New Years when the hotel runs at full capacity). Also beach is good for walking and usually has good boogie boarding waves. Also, with the Dreams attached you can take part in the activities/shows, if so inclined. We usually do 1 day of AI, which is enough AI for us.

The complex is very quiet at night, which is different from other AI resorts we stayed at.

The only negative would be that there is not much located in the immediate vicinity of the complex (e.g restaurants/bars, shopping, etc). Would be nice to be able to take a short walk to a restaurant/bar at night. We have walked to Fajita Republic, etc. but after a couple of trips to those restaurants, would be nice to have other close by options other than the taxi ride to Bucerias.