We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK People!

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
553 posts
Save Topic
UK People!

Thinking of booking a trip in February to celebrate my husbands birthday, just curious as to where all the people booking from the UK are staying. We have stayed in several Rius over the last few years and am thinking along those lines again (you know what you're getting in a Riu). Just wondered which were the more popular hotel choices.

I'm going to make sure we get over to this side of Mexico before Thomson/First Choice remove it from the brochures, I didn't get chance to try Brazil or Costa Rica before they disappeared! Did manage to get to Aruba while they still flew from Manchester though :)

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: UK People!

UKtop Kat,

Make sure you ask for a higher floor for a better view at the Riu Palace. Check out Vallarta-Adventures for some excursions that may be fun for your child. I usually book them on a weekend to get away from the resort on the busiest days. Palace is a great resort and as a Palace guest you also can use the pools and such at the Riu Jalisco and the Riu Vallarta but they cannot come to the Palace and the only limitation is you cannot have dinner at those resorts. Might be a nice change for your son. They have many activities to also keep him busy with games and such

I have stayed at the Riu Palace several times and if you have any specific questions send me a PM and I will be happy to answer as many questions as you have:)

Edited: 29 May 2014, 03:00
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
304 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: UK People!

Hi

We are travelling to the Dreams Villamanga for the start of February. We were originally booked into the Secrets Vallarta but having read all the recent reviews we decided that Dreams seemed to be more our kind of place.Hopefully we made the right choice!

Can't wait for February.

Anthony

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: UK People!

MistyAngel,

Thank you, the agent has placed onto the booking system at Riu that we have requested a high floor with sunny balcony in a quiet location lol, I'm thinking it maybe worth emailing them as well? I had read lots of reviews and posts on here even tho it was less than 20 hours from first looking to booking lol

The one reason we booked the Palace over the others was because we had the choice to use the others if we chose to, but could escape if we needed to as well :) but was relieved to sad it's ok to venture out and about as I love to see places and not spend it stuck in a resort. Hoping to go to Bucerias and maybe Sayulita too

I've started looking for tours, trying to get hold of wildlife connection for their dolphin swim but I've not heard back from them at all...

Thank you for your help, 49 days to go lol

Edited: 29 May 2014, 20:03
lancashire
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: UK People!

It's a fabulous hotel and you'll want for nothing. The service is fabulous and no queuing for the restaurants is great. Can't say anything negative about it we returned on the 15th and we've booked for next May already. This place is so relaxing.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
541 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: UK People!

Geraldine, thank you for the feedback, I did email the hotel last week to find out how much a room upgrade would be (beyond budget that's for certain lol) but they did confirm that they have our room request on file and while they cannot guarantee them they will do their best.

Did you find you tended to spend most of your time at the palace or did you venture to the other hotels too? And if you have any other tips or hints I'd appreciate them...:)

lancashire
Level Contributor
63 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: UK People!

We stayed at Dreams Villamagna and we did have a couple of nights out one down to Puerto vallarta marina and one to Bucerias we had no problems at all we just got taxis from our hotel there and back. Its perfectly safe to get out and about. We even went to wallmart which is cheaper for alcohol than the duty free. We paid £6.00 for a litre of Bacardi and Smirnoff vodka was £7.50 a litre. We didn't venture into any other hotels. We did a boat trip to the island of Calletas fabulous day out there's snorkeling and there's a spa on the island which seems d to be popular. We didn't have a sea view room we had a view of the mountains which was lovely because we had a jaccuzi on the balcony and at the end of the beach day it was just perfect to have a drink and jaccuzi and watch the view. Heaven !!!

57. Re: UK People!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 07:16