We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sayulita bus and striker

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Sayulita bus and striker

Resubmitting this in this forum...

Hi there, we are at drama villagna now and would like to go for the day to sayulita. I've done forum searches and it seems we must cab the mega and take the bus to sayulita from there. Just wondering if the buses there allow you to take strollers with you? Is there room for luggage and bags on the bottom of the bus? We rented a jogging stroller so it's pretty big. Do you think this would be a fun trip with a 1&1/2 year old?

vancouver
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

Stroller not striker .. Sorry!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
951 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

With bags, jogging stroller and a baby, I would recommend a taxi for the whole trip.

There is no under bus storage and the Compostela bus to Sayulita can be very crowded - standing room only potentially for the 1/2 hour holding a baby wouldn't be fun.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

The beaches in Sayulia are extremely busy this week! It would not be fun for you with the toddler.

vancouver
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

Thanks, I guess scratching this off the list of things to do!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
606 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

As someone else mentioned a pail and shovel are the best for your toddler. Tours are geared for an older crowd. Last year we did a Vallarta Adventures Tour and a couple from Toronto brought their child-he was totally obnoxious and bothered the guests and staff-the parents thought it was cute and did nothing to curb his disruptive behaviour. Not saying all parents are bad, but............The road behind Dreams turns into a new path just north and you will have no problem going for a long walk. If your stroller has good wheels you might even try on the beach at low tide.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 13:15
vancouver
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

Hmm well like you said not all parents are like that. I'm very conscious if my child is bothering somone and while I agree that somtimes travelling with a child limits your activities I don't think it should force me not to do anything. Children must learn through experience too. Thanks for your comments.

Calgary
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

We took the bus to Sayulita a couple weeks ago with our 4 year old and 1 1/2 year old. There wouldn't be room for the stroller on the bus, but you really don't need it. From where you get off the bus in Sayulita it's only a 5 minute walk to the beach area so you could carry the child. It's easy to rent chairs or chaise loungers with umbrellas on the beach so the little one will have a place to sit. Tons of action on the beach. We had a really fun day and would recommend it. Just be ready for the speed bumps while on the bus - I got a free spinal adjustment en route.

8. Re: Sayulita bus and striker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2015, 05:16