We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay? Big family

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay? Big family

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be taking his family (10 adults 1 child) to NV this August. It is their 1st time to the beach and I am trying to decide where to stay. I have looked at some rentals and found a couple that I like however I kind of want AI since 5-6 are likely to want to drink A LOT and not have to cook. But is it realistic for the resorts to accommodate a table of 10 if we do the AI? Do you have any suggestions on where to stay? Should I skip AI all together? Please help.

Looking for:

-good pools

-great beach

-disco

-average to above average hotel

-possible resort with one unit to accommodate most of us (6-8 adults)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay? Big family

Dreams Villa Magna

Hard Rock Vallarta

Riu

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay? Big family

I agree with Bob but I do not think Dreams has a disco. The Hard Rock is a little spendy for me. But the Riu Jalisco has a Disco plus a few pools. The Riu Palace has 1 big pool plus an Infinity pool but has no disco. But as a palace guest you can go to the Riu Jalisco and the Riu Vallarta just not the specialty Restaurants.

I know the Riu's also have family rooms so something to look into there as well.

I have stayed at the Riu Palace for the past 3 years and I have seen them push tables together and even have them ready at dinner for bigger groups. Get to know your server and they will take excellent care of you! Tipping goes along way and trust me they will wait on you and make sure you are well taken care of.

Good luck with your decision:)

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,559 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay? Big family

Rius are a good choice. Jalisco and Vallarta both have Discos. (one condo inbetween).

Jalisco had a reno done last year.,and they did two floor Family room, but , they only accomadate a family of 5/6.

The Vallarta has what they call a Family room, but they are a Reg. room ,with One KING and One double bed,accomidates 4.

As mentioned No disco at the Palace, you would have to walk(aprox. 5city blocks) or taxi..

How about the Marival CLUB or the new Marival reasidence?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
606 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay? Big family

I agree that for best value go with RIU Palace. By using all 3 resorts there should be something for everyone. Also with a big group you have better chance to get loungers together than at HR or DVM. Marival might be good choice too. Marival Residence is outstanding, but small and not sure how they might deal with big group. Also very pricy.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 19:06
Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay? Big family

Thanks. I'll look into these places.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,559 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay? Big family

map might help.. http://vallartainfo.com/nuevo.html

San Francisco
Level Contributor
833 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay? Big family

Marival would fit the bill. We've gone with my whole family (11 total) and were able to get tables all together at all of the a la carte restaurants. Plus there are one, two and three bedroom suites if you're looking for larger accommodations.

Edited: 22 April 2014, 06:03
8. Re: Where to stay? Big family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:16