We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
Save Topic
Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

We were at the GM a few years ago, we remember construction going on for the purpose of constructing a Village area. If I remember it correctly, it was to have canals, shopping, and some restaurants. It was going to be constructed behind the GB and towards the river. Has this been done yet, and if so what is available there?

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

It is complete, it's part of the Grand Mayan building that they left up. I haven't seen it yet in person but on the Luxxe facebook page there are pictures. I hear there is a crepe restaurant, a chocolate store and a mini-market where you can cheese, fresh bread, crackers and meat. The canals are built but they were not using boats last November. There is also a large venue for weddings.

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
284 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

It's actually part of a Mayan building not the Grand Mayan

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

I was there in May. It has as mentioned by Golden 14 plus a wine cellar, frozen yogurt shop, bakery, flower shop, clothing boutiques, etc. Everything is very pricey. A quick walk away is Cafe del Lago, a buffet style restaurant (it was okay, I don't care for buffets, but the family enoyed it.) and Blue Fish, a ceviche restaurant. All the construction has been completed. except didn't go to the Santorium because they had it all torn up for repairs, such a disappointment!

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
284 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

This remodeling has taken place at an old Mayan building not a Grand Mayan building

Edited: 08 June 2014, 00:06
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

I was just letting them know the santorium was under recontruction if they had plan on going to the nightly entertainment.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,643 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

WE found the newest things like Plaza Mall to be awesome.

We did not like the new luggage procedure, they rave how safe it is and yes I got sucked in..my luggage left our room on check out on one cart, locked and secure and came to car on two carts...when we got home and we drove so not other outside interference my Ipad was missing..so disappointing. They broke their own protocol yet did nothing for me to replace my ipad. We are to be at Grand Bliss in July so I plan to request to stay with my luggage despite their designed luggage system. Keep any and all valuables with you. I have since heard of a few other instances of valuables gone astray..not good at all. :(

7. Re: Grand Mayan Grand Bliss

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16