We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

San Jose, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

Hi,

I know this question has been asked many times, but since the property we're staying at is so close to Bucerias and the prices of taxis have gone up (and we're going in July which is the slow season), what can we expect to pay for tax to (a) go to Bucerias, (b) back to Bucerias, and (c) to the airport or PV? Also, we will have two kids with us (and a stroller for two) so do you think it's walkable to Bucerias to eat and back without taxis?

We are planning to get food and drinks at the Mega store. Is it walking distance or taxi is preferred? Any other tips for a first time PV vacationer will also be appreciated! Thanks for any help in advance!

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

We walk to the Mega store. It took us about 20 minutes from VDP Flamingos. And there is a sidewalk all the way there and an overhead walkway across the main highway now. Because we bring back groceries, we get a cab at Mega. Last February it was either 60 or 70 pesos. To Bucerias is walkable along the beach although I've never done it in the summer. And I'm not sure how a stroller would do on the beach. We usually taxi to there for about 80 pesos (again, that was last season.) we usually ride with friends and split costs, as it is the same fare whether you have 1 or 4 passengers.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

July is a busy season for Mexican travelers.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,308 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

Welcome to the forum. This map might help: http://vallartainfo.com/bucerias.html

to the airport.. about $25. to downtown pt.Vallarta.$29. Resort will give you the prices.

Do go to the Pt.Vallarta forum and read the Top Questions...For sure the one on Airport...and the time sharesharks. a Must read...

San Jose, California
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

Thanks for the advice everyone. However, based on weather forecast, there may not be much walking around. I hope the weather isnt as bad as the forecast for next werk. We are going in two weeks and hope it clears up a bit so we can see the towns.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,458 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

a, b and c. 85 pesos to/from where you're staying to Bucerias. 180 pesos back to the airport. About 250 pesos to PV. We paid 235 from the Hotel Zone to where you're staying. Maybe a little more to get to Centro.

The Riviera Nayarit (RIU) bus (extremely comfortable and Air-Conditioned) is much cheaper. 18 pesos a person from in front of Villa del Palmar Flamingos, a few yards south of you.

We just did all this several times in the past month and we deal in pesos, so I hope this helps.

The taxi from where you're staying is 85 pesos to Bucerias. We took it three times. It's obviously a lot more fun to walk the beach to Bucerias (since you are at the most northern resort in Nuevo, as we were) but it takes 30-40 minutes to walk, depending on which beach restaurant you're walking to.

For us (having busted my ankle in Puerto Vallarta in February and still couldn't walk too well on the beach recently), it was a nice leisurely stroll on the beach up north. I couldn't do the whole thing on the beach (the angle of the beach hurt my ankle and I had to walk really slow and take off my shoes). We had to go up to the road, to walk on flat.

To take the beach route, go right and pass Royal Decameron (the hotel painted bright colors) and then go right at the north end of the hotel (there is a public access route there, right as you pass the hotel, up to the main street, where we could walk north on flat streets. It's a flatter walk once you're on the main street but it was way hotter than walking on the beach.

With little kids, you'd have to take your time. It's not far though. Would be a fun walk with kids, if you have time.

With two kids and strollers, don't walk to Mega. It's a hike, especially in the heat/humidity. The cab to Mega is 60 pesos, to and from. Leave one adult and the kids at home, unless you're willing to ditch the strollers (no room in the taxis).

Have fun. We just got back so glad to help.

San Jose, California
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

Thanks Marly!

This is the exact information we need. We were planning on taking a taxi to PV but if the bus stop is close by, we may take it to PV and then taxi back. Does that RIU route go through the Marina and the shopping plaza?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,458 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

Hi neighbor (we live up 680)....

The Riviera Nayarit bus (called the RIU route) picks up right in front of Villa del Palmar Flamingos. You only have to walk a few yards south to get to the stop. It's right by where the timeshare guy is. Easy to find.

18 pesos south on a very comfortable bus, all the way to the last stop at Plaza Las Glorias. From there, we actually walked down to the Malecon but had to make several stops at OXXO's for water. It was super hot. This was earlier this month.

No, the bus does not go through Marina Vallarta (if you're talking about the complex and not the Maritime Terminal). It is a straight-shot from where you are to almost Centro. If you want to go into the Marina, I believe the bus *might* stop at Plaza Marina (just north of the King Neptune and Humpback Whale sculpture ---- entrance to the Marina. You can ask the driver. It's easy to walk into the Marina area, from there.

If, when you mention "the shopping plaza" you mean the Galeria and the area where Liverpool is, (which is just north of Walmart and Sam's Club, yes, the Riviera Nayarit bus will stop there. Check with the driver though. Make sure you describe the shopping area you're looking for (there are many).

You won't be able to get into Centro or south of the Rio Cuale (AKA "old Town" or Zona Romantica, etc.) on that bus.

Going back to Villa La Estancia, it is best to take a cab. The buses stop at a point (I took the 8:45pm bus in the rain, which was the "milk run" stopping everywhere). After about that time, no point in trying to get a bus. Cab will be it. Rate from Sheraton to where you'll be was 235 pesos. That's about what you'd pay.

Have fun. Once you do it, it's all easy.

8. Re: Taxis from Bucerias back to Villa la Estancia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:17