We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Same old

edmonton
Level Contributor
274 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Same old

I know, this is the same old question but...

Leaving in two weeks and watching the forecast it predicts nothing but rain! Does it rain ALL day, is it sporadic, is it heavy or light?? Just trying to plan before we get there! I have no issue playing in the water while it rains or walking the beach but not if it's storming! Anyone local who can answer this? Thanks!

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Same old

Funny when folks travel during the rainy / hurricane season then question about rain....that said it can rain only for an hour in the late afternoon, all night long or not at all during your visit...suerte

edmonton
Level Contributor
274 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Same old

I realize it's rainy season and I expect it to rain, I am asking what it has been doing lately. I just need to know how to plan! I also find it funny that folks can't just answer a question without being sarcastic! That's unfortunate.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Same old

Last week is was quite rainy as there was a tropical storm off the coast. This week, it has been VERY hot, humid, and not much rain at all. Mostly if it rains, it will do so at night or in the evening. There should be plenty of sunshine for you to enjoy.

Have a great trip!

p.s. I agree about the sarcasm. It does happen on a regular basis. Just ignore it. There are many people who are willing to answers your questions with being rude.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Same old

Don't say RUDE on some forums.(like the Pt.Vallarta forum) . the fir will fly..LoL.

Have a great trip.. you might want to take a rain poncho in pkg. just a back up., then it Might not rain at all...

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Same old

Wasn't trying to be rude, just stating a fact, thought my second sentence made up for the first statement,

anyway here is the June report from San Pancho weather station:

…sanpanchoweather.com/2014/…

Bring your umbrella........

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,289 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Same old

We arrived yesterday afternoon and it's been lovely clear blue skies. No rain so far. Not even a cloud.

Lovely and hot . Hope the weather holds for you.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Same old

You will not need a rain poncho. Possibly an umbrella, but it is so warm, and the rain is warm, a poncho would be very uncomfortable.

There's no telling if it will rain. Probably you'll have lot and lots of sunshine. But the rain is nicely cooling and the storms can be awesome.

edmonton
Level Contributor
274 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Same old

Thanks for all the encouraging weather predictions. I will embrace the weather not matter what it brings!!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Same old

As my better half states Plan the trip not the weather. You sound like someone that will not allow any showers to upset your trip.

I have heard the Lighting is awesome over the bay in the evenings I enjoy looking at the photos that people post. Those are as good as the sunsets.

Enjoy the vacation.

LOL to Joy so funny and so true

Edited: 12 July 2014, 00:40
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,975 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Same old

It is the rainy season so most likely it will rain at some point during your trip. I go there in a few weeks also and I hope for night rain..but what will be will be. I always bring an umbrella in this time of year...also shoes that can withstand water as if caught out and it rains it can be deep. It is usually ht and humid and rains cool it off somewhat.

The storms are incredible if you should see one...and usually not a drizzly rain as where I come from that last all day ie: Massachusetts.

Your attitude tells me you will be fine..no matter what mother nature deals. Oh I also always have a poncho, not one who likes being wet, so yes very hot but the rain poncho keeps me dry if walking, ill I reach my destination. A light rain poncho, not lined.