We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

zoo

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
zoo

Hiya all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there are organized trips to the zoo or if it is a place you have to arrange to visit yourself? Also rough costing? I read you can cuddle baby tigers and monkeys.. my daughter and hubby would love that.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: zoo

Mandie where are you staying? Zoo is an hour drive minimum from Nuevo.

Edited: 16 August 2014, 04:25
Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: zoo

Hiya.. riu vallarta is where we will be, we wont be driving so would be taxi or tour.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: zoo

from other post..

Yes, it is cheaper to ride the bus, but you have to take two buses to downtown then take a different bus to Mismaloya. Then you still have about a 1/2 mile walk up a dirt road to reach the zoo.

When we left the zoo we did walk back down the road, crossed over the highway and took the brick road down to the beach. Several vendors along the road to the beach with very good prices!

We walked back up to the highway and the cab was 120 pesos back to town.

: transportation to Vallarta Zoo

02 April 2009, 16:07

same question diffrent verse:

How do we get to the zoo from Nuevo were staying at Dreams Villamagna?

10. Re: transportation to Vallarta Zoo

03 April 2009, 1:14

As mentioned, there are two options for getting to the zoo.

1. Take a cab directly to the zoo.

2. Take a bus from RIUs to Old Town, This will take take almost two hours,depends on traffic...., with bus change at Walmart or a few miles past at end of line.. . you could cab from there... or change bus to the El Centro,to down town, , and get cab from there to go to Mismayloa. or another bus.

When you get off the bus, you will have to walk up to the zoo, but there are restaurants and tequila tasting shops along the way. There is also a place for horseback riding.

Lots of info on the Pt.Vallarta Forum

Scotts,recommended by lots of people. puertovallartatripadvisor.com/puerto-vallart…

Utica, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: zoo

In my opinion, the zoo is very much worth going to see. We went a couple of years ago, and I will never for get it. Also , there was, when I went, a place called Tony's. A restaurant that was kind of in a tree house. Also the set of "Predator" was filmed. Very cool.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: zoo

We very much want to go, my mum has walking difficulties and my daughter is autistic so getting buses there is out of tge question we will probably find out the cost of a taxi or speak to scotts travel when we are there. My daughter would love a cuddle from the cubs.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: zoo

Taxi from NV to Zoo will be approx. $50 one way (this is for a max. of 4 people). Over 4 people you will need a taxi van and rate doubles.

Note the first 5 or 10 minutes in the zoo is an uphill walkway, then levels off with a similar decline at the end.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: zoo

Mandie, I just googled the zoo's website, www.zoologicodevallarta.com, and you should be able to find a lot of info there.

I have what I would call "minor walking difficulties" and I went to the zoo a few years ago. It was a bit difficult for me to walk up to the top and I actually needed assistance walking down. Your mom might want to sit this one out.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: zoo

Ty all, we will decide when we are there it also depends on how everyone deals with the heat :-)

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: zoo

good luck Mandie... I'm telling you it will be Sticky.... hot and very humid.. so be prepared.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: zoo

yep thinking it may be a no go this time around, maybe stick to boat trips :) hopefully with a nice cool sea breeze

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
Recent Conversations