We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Looking to book the Riu Vallarta with Thomson Holidays flying on the Dreamliner any feedback or tips regarding seats etc would be appreciated,thanks.

London, England...
Level Contributor
474 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Right at the back there are two seats on their own. Which we were lucky enough to choose going out. But not coming back unfortunately got two seats end and and a next to it. We paid to choose our seats. So advise you do and try for those two seperate seats. Nice plane but to be honest didn't think it was much different.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Thanks for that info,how was food and movies etc,i believe free drinks are included after Nov 2014

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

We've always used the select your seat option and have done it again for our first trip on a Dreamliner.

The one thing i learnt by chance was that the seats with the 34" seat pitch are in the middle block rows 10-24. The 33" seat pitch are rows 27-40, the back block. I had wondered why when reading the brochures they kept refering to the 2 different lengths. The middle block is above the wings so there must be something in that, and that's what we've gone for.

Hope that little pointer helps?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Thanks Again

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

There are a couple of threads about the Dreamliner on the PV forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k710700…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k726922…

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
545 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Avoid rows 32 onwards, they have 2" less seat pitch than the ones above the wings. We were in row 21, above the wings but still plenty of view, from about row 15 forwards they aren't above the wing but also have the bigger seat pitch. For the amount of time you look out the windows, I'd be going for the extra 2" all the way!

We had considered the two at the very back, but the ins and outs to the rear toilets and the fact this is one fo the places people in economy have to walk to get to the other side (they arent allowed to do it at the mid bulkhead type seats) and the smell from the toilet or the rear kitchen wasn't the nicest I'm glad we didn't go for these.

They were doing a trial of free drinks on the way out, but paid on the way back. To be honest, most people sleeping on the way back so don't really need it. Food was ok, we had a healthy eating version (which for some reason I think was just the vegetarian) but it came with fresh fruit salad and things - nicer version at breakfast than the normal adult meal.

London, England...
Level Contributor
474 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

We didn't get free drinks. Food was ok but the wrap we had as breakfast on way back was awful I had upset stomach later that day. By the way the two seats we had at the back were fine no toilet smells or disturbance.

liverpool
Level Contributor
96 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Hi

Would you recommend the two back seats?

London, England...
Level Contributor
474 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Yes I would as we had more privacy. And husband was really disappointed that we didn't get them on the way home.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Puerto Vallarta

Have people's flights been quite full? We are going on 16th October and when we picked our seats last night, there are hardly seats reserved. I just don't know if people aren't reserving seats or if the planes aren't full. I'm hoping no one sits at the side of my husband and we get an extra seat. Wishful thinking I know :-)