We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

After getting recently engaged, we are exploring the idea of doing a wedding at the Riu Palace (or possibly one of the other two Riu locations) in Nuevo Vallarta... Has anyone done a wedding here? Attended a wedding there? Seen any taking place there?

Any response besides "no" would be extremely helpful and much appreciated!!!

Thank you all in advance for any insight into this!!!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,411 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

Ask the hotel you will be fine! Congrats!! Lots of info here. Use the search box

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

I have witnessed 2 weddings while at the Riu Palace and they looked exceptional. And both parties seemed very pleased. These were on the smaller size. They were also happy with the photos

The only downfall I have heard is the Spa doing the hair & make-up so keep that in mind. All women are very picky about the hair and makeup. With a few issues I have had at the Spa with just having a polish change on my toes I do not recommend using the Spa at the Palace. Three attempts to paint my toes and they were a mess so I would not trust them with my hair.

If you do go ahead with the wedding at one of the Riu's I think there is a good salon in Bucerias that someone on that forum could help you with.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

Thanks for your first post on the TripAdvisor and congratulations on your engagement, neighbor! (I live in Naperville part of the time.)

When will you be getting married? (I hope it's not during the Rainy Season.) Will you have the ceremony at home, or in Mexico? The Wedding Planner at the resort would help you arrange everything.

(Send me a Private Message if you want info about a great hairdresser in nearby Bucerias.)

Best of luck with your plans!

Morrison, CO
Level Contributor
186 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

Congratulations and best wishes to you!

We have witnessed 3-4 weddings at the Riu Palace, on Nov and Jan. vacations, but not on our last trip in June. They seem to do a nice job. Part of the beach is cordoned off and raked for the wedding party and their guests. Chairs are set up and a little arch is erected. Music is played. I don't know if the Riu supplies it or the guests do. The weddings we've "attended" seem to take place later on in the day, maybe hoping for some great sunset shots! Good luck...

Edited: 24 August 2014, 23:55
Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

While we were there in july there was a wedding on our 2nd day. They had it set down on the beach in the middle of the beach area underneath the palm trees. They had an arch on the beach where the ceremony took place. It was very simple - the area simply roped off and the sand raked out. Chairs placed onto the sand.

I felt incredibly sorry for them as the photographer was VERY in their faces and also the sound system was poor that half way through the ceremony the microphone stopped working so no-one could hear what was going on.

But, there were a lot of people around relaxing on the beach, but everyone gave the couple a great round of applause when it was over. They were going up to the room in the lift when we had gone and they said that it had been a lovely day, despite a few hitches - unsure what other ones they faced.

I've certainly seen better locations for Riu weddings but I felt sorry for them that the sound system didn't last their ceremony, and that they had literally just pushed sun loungers out of the way to create the area, not the most professional I have to say.

Congrats to you!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

I got married at the Hard Rock in Nuevo Vallarta and it was amazing!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
156 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

Did you end up getting married here? If so, would love to hear about it!

8. Re: Wedding at Riu Palace in Nuevo Vallarta??? HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2016, 05:17