We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Del Sol Beach Resort

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Del Sol Beach Resort

Has anyone ever stayed at this place in Nuevo?? Going there in November for a week. Have looked at the website & not much info on it.Thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Del Sol Beach Resort

Have not stayed at your hotel, but have stayed at Paradise Village nearby. The beach is gorgeous and you can walk unimpeded for MILES. The shopping center in Nuevo has anything your heart could desire, and I mean anything. All of the hotels along the Nuevo strip have only been built in the last 10-15 years (some brand new) Each has their own distillation systems built in, therefore, you drink clear, pure water from the tap. Of course, most folks are drinking cheap Corona! You will have a wonderful time. Weather in Oct/November is absolutely perfect. Low eighties and gentle caressing breezes. Natives all speak English and are more hospitable than any country on earth. If you try a few Spanish phrases you will be rewarded with a big smile. Dos cervazsas, por favor, me amigo. (two beers, please, my friend) goes a lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-g way. Of course, in just a few minutes you'll be asking for the "banyo?" (bathroom) You are a caballero (man) or damas (ladies). This is truly paradise. There is a "turtle release" program that happens on the beach. One of the universities finds turtle nests and moves them to a breeding ground close to the hotels. Then, while walking on the beach you will find it. You will be invited to a release. They draw a line in the sand with a stick, you rub your hands in the sand, and they give you 3 or 4 baby turtles out of a kiddie swimming pool. At a signal you release your turtles onto the sand and they go scuttling down the beach to the water! A leader sometimes goes into the water with a flashlight to represent the moon shining on the water on moonless nights. The babies "smell" your sandy hands and remember it. They return to this particular beach to lay their eggs if they make it to a grown up turtle. What a fascinating experience.

I've been back to Nuevo Vallarta many times now. It is my favorite place on earth. I would like to live there someday. The hotel at Paradise Village is my favorite. They have a zoo there that is tremendous. One year I actually got to hold a live, baby Bengal Tiger in my arms! What a sweetie he was. They have tigers, monkeys, ostriches, crocodiles, flamingoes, parrots, coquotils, on and on. There's plenty of shade and lush greenery for folks who cannot be in the sun all day. If you decide to go into PV (Puerto Vallarta) which you must! take the bus one day.... It's fun and its only $1.50.

Your hotel staff will tell you where to catch the bus and where to get off. Many wonderful gourmet four star restaurants in PV. Do a little research and you will have a fantastic trip. I'm going again in November and I can hardly wait!