We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jalisco or Vallarta?

ardrossan,alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jalisco or Vallarta?

My husband and I are going Jan. 06, but can't decide between the riu jalisco or Vallarta. We are mid thirties, and like to party, but not as hard as we used to. Any suggestions?

Camrose, Alberta
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

We are going to Vallarta Dec 11-23. A couple of things that helped us decide were the Vallarta will be new, and that we can go over to the JALISCO and check it out but they can't come to the Vallarta so it would be less busy at the Vallarta

wisconsin
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

There is NO question the Vallarta Palace is MUCH nicer than the Rui Jalispo. The Spa is wonderful at the Vallarta. You may have the free excursions included at the Vallarta. The Resturants are wonderful at the vallarta. Each room has an included mini bar.at the Vallarta plus free room servicde. tHERE WILL BE less children at the vallarta plus premium liquior. There is a dopuble jaccuzi in each room at the Vallarta Palace. The beaqch is the same as the resort are close to each other,

I am sure the Vallarta Palace Resort cost more but well worth it. You will not be disappointed. BOOK the Vallarta as fast as yoiu can.

Calgary
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

"There is NO question the Vallarta Palace is MUCH nicer than the Rui Jalispo. The Spa is wonderful at the Vallarta. You may have the free excursions included at the Vallarta. The Resturants are wonderful at the vallarta. Each room has an included mini bar.at the Vallarta plus free room servicde. tHERE WILL BE less children at the vallarta plus premium liquior. There is a dopuble jaccuzi in each room at the Vallarta Palace."

Ummm...not sure how you can compare these 2 hotels, especially when the Riu Vallarta hasn't opened yet! Maybe some confusion on the hotels being referenced.

Anyway, I'd be more inclined to book the Vallarta since you will have the option to go to the Jalisco, but not the other way....mind you, we just returned from the Jalisco and had a great time!

Have a great trip!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

To C Canada, My husband and I are going Nov 11-18.

Any words of advise on what to bring/or not to bring. Any suggestions on room locations. Any special excursions that we should not miss. Did you make it to the small town of Bucerias that is close by. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

ardrossan,alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

Sorry everyone, I meant the Riu Vallarta, not Vallarta Palace. Vallarta Palace would be nice, but it is a lot more expensive. Thanks for the input though. Kushy, your reasoning sounds good. I'm leaning toward the Vallatra also. My husband doesn't know where we are going, so this is up to me to decide. It's very hard to decide when you can't ask him for his opinion.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
993 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

I would go to the Riu Vallarta. I have been to the Riu Palace in Cabo. It was great. The Riu Club hotels are not as nice as the Hotels or Palace.

Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

Did anyone ever hear anymore about going between the resorts? We are staying at the Jalisco in December and I discussed it with our travel agent and both resorts are listed as "Club" resorts in Riu's book. She is trying to find out for sure but says that if they are both "Club" you would be able to go back and forth.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
604 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

I will be staying at the Riu Jalisco in January and when I checked with my travel agent, she said when you stay at the Vallarta you can go back and forth between the two places, but you dont have the same privilage when you stay at the Riu Jalisco.

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

When I contacted Riu Class, I was told that guests staying at the Riu Vallarta can use all of the facilities other than dinner at the Riu Jalisco but the guests staying at the Riu Jalisco WILL NOT be able to use the facilities at the Riu Vallarta. Hope this helps.

Barnsley South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jalisco or Vallarta?

My wife and I went to the Jalisco 14th to 28th October; the Vallarta was still looking well under construction, all the staff and taxi drivers we spoke to said it was opening in November, if this is the case I will eat my hat November 2007 maybe.

As for the Jalisco I have nothing but good memories about it.

Hope you feel the same on your return

Have fun.