We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Reservations at Riu

Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dinner Reservations at Riu

I am wondering if anyone that has stayed at the Riu Jalisico can give me some advice about dinner reservations. We are staying at the new Riu Vallarta in Dec for a three night getaway. I know that some all-inclusive resorts require you to make dinner reservations at the ala carte spots the same morning that you want to eat and the hours that you can make the reservations are very strict.

Since we are staying for such a short time I would like to email in advance (once they have the grand opening) and arrange for our first night there. Is the the case at Riu's?? Has anyone ever done that at the Riu Jalisico?

Last year I stayed at the Marival and read about the "dinner reservations by email" tip from this message board and it worked great!

Thanks!

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Reservations at Riu

When we have stayed at either the Riu Jalisco or the Riu Yucatan, you needed to make the reservations the morning of the same day that you wanted to dine at the a la carte restaurant. I have not tried emailing for dinner reservations so am not sure if they will accept them or not. I do know that they would not accept reservations other than for the same evening, mind you they can change the rules at any time so I would definitely give it a shot. Good Luck.

2. Re: Dinner Reservations at Riu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 12:20