We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan sea gardens

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ga
1 post
Save Topic
Mayan sea gardens

I have not heard very good news regarding english speaking staff members and things to do in this area. Is it best to rent a car instead of taxi and buses? How about the food at Mayan sea gardens, it their good american food?

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan sea gardens

Have stayed at the Mayan Sea Garden Here and in Mazatlan and Mayan Palace in PV. Even though the sea garden is the lowest of the 3 tiers in the mayan resorts, the sea garden in NV is the nicest of the three. Of course its not the Grand Mayan, but very comfortable, clean, roomy. Small pool, but a nice little area for children (my 3 year old killed 3 hours there in an inflatable canoe we brought). Nice beach. Very close to the bus stop, just walk to the street and turn left. 100feet to the bus stop. Those at the grand and MP would have to walk down to here. We ate out mostly for supper, but ate in the room otherwise. Just go to Walmart as soon as you get there, and get some groceries. Our taxi driver was happy to wait at the market while we shopped (for a small tip of course.)

Find out about Mauricio's. Awesome mexican restaurant, a long explanation on how to get there, but your concierge will know, and yes they do speak english there. But as many others have said before me, "slow down, you're on holidays, and you ARE in mexico." Things aren't always perfect, or done when they said they would be, or where they are when they said they would be, or even available sometimes, but roll with it and you'll learn to relax in mexico.

I've been where you are going and would be happy to go back.

2b
BC, Canada
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan sea gardens

We stayed 11/11 to 11/18 @ MP. We walked to the SG and found it very nice and busy w/both Americans and Mexicans. The market (outside the front door to the left) does have basics but if you have a family I would suggest a trip to WalMart if you want to supply a few meals.

The resort is big and full of options for meals. As such the prices reflect resort pricing.

The staff speak English very well, the support staff can speak some but a few words in Spanish brings a beautiful smile which will make the whole trip memorable.

3. Re: Mayan sea gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta