We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Saskatoon ,Sk.
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Just wondering if anyone can recommend the best and most reasonably priced place to book for deep-sea fishing for a couple. We're staying at the Samba in Jan. Thx

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Mandym; when will you be there? We will at the Samba January 3 -10 with our two boys (12 & 9) and my husband would love someone to go fishing with and share the cost.

eastyorker, ON

Saskatoon ,Sk.
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Not arriving until Jan.9th sorry would've been good to share costs. I'm going to keep trying to get some info on the fishing to see who to book through. Please post if you come across anything. Have fun.

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Grand Mayan Dec 23 - Jan 7. Plan on fishing. Likely 2-3 of us interested. Myself (30), father-in-law, and possibly one of the women (mother-in-law, wife, sisters). Have been out from PV marina before and caught 120lb sailfish and mahi mahi - awesome! Could be interested in deep sea or just a panga for snapper, roosterfish etc. Shorter travel (1hour travel for deep sea), more fish, 1/2 day possible due to short travel, less swells. Not really sure yet.

There are options of getting your fish cooked at a restaurant at the marina (at least in the PV marina) but the restaurant keeps the rest of the fish, or most hotels will let you freeze it in their freezer and you are allowed a significant amount back into the country (CAN/US).

Don't be tough, take gravol or bonamine before going. We went 2 years ago in Mazatlan, and the two guys we shared a boat with polluted the seas with everything they had eaten in the last 6 hours, and when you share a boat, you can't even ask them to go in early.

Pack your own lunch, and throw an extra can of soda in for the captain and swamper. Tip well, especially if you are successful. They will be happy with any fish you don't want/need. (I think they must just sell it though)

Level Contributor
1,693 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Wilson...we will be at the GM 30-7th also...I know my husband and brother-in law would love to go on a fishing trip. SHared cost a plus. If you are looking at a later date say the 4 th or 5th of Jan, give me a shout and we will see if we can arrange something. tiredmomof5kids@yahoo.com. although, not bringing any kids ):

Saskatoon ,Sk.
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Hi when you get back can you post where you went, which outfit you used and hopefully I'll get info before we go.

Thanks so much and good luck.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

I would recommend booking a boat that departs Nuevo Vallarta since you are already there. Nuevo is closer to the prime fishing spots this time of year and youll find you will get more fishing time

and less boat ride. There are several good boats and pangas in Nuevo.

Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

We might be interest in sharing cost of deep sea fishing. We are at the Riu Jalisco 12/23-30. My husband and 2 boys (19 & 15) don't know about myself. Let me know anyone is interested. Leaving from Nuevo sounds good.

Edmonton Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

I will be in Nuevo Vallarta between Dec. 23 and Jan. 5 and would be interested in sharing a fishing trip. 2 adults and an 11 year old.

Illinois
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

Sounds good to us. You can email me beth@shakespeare-oil.com and we can figure it out. Need to find a reputable charter out of Nuevo.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
670 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: deep sea fishing -Nuevo Vallarta

The marina in Puerto Vallarta is about a 15 minute taxi ride from Nuevo Vallarta.