We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yellow fever

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
yellow fever

just recived our tickets from first choice and they are recomending yellow fever injections does anyone have any information on this as we did not have them when we went to cancun we are staying at the riu jalisco from 03/01/07 until 17/01/07 any help would be appreciated

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yellow fever

In over 40 trips over 25 years to Mexico I have not had nor met anyone who has come in Contact with this disease.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yellow fever

many thanks peddler much appreciated

wisconsin
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yellow fever

NO yellow fever is not a risk at the RUI Vallarta. If you go up into the mountains it can be a problem but not in the Neuvo Vallarta area. I am very suprised that yellow fever was recommended to you, as it is not recommended for us USA travlers.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yellow fever

once again thankyou

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yellow fever

the brouchure does also recommend this vaccine it will cost about £40.00 each. I also noted that you should take Malaria medication

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: yellow fever

hi brodick have you been and if so did you have the vacine

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: yellow fever

Hi natnaf have been to Cancun 8 yrs ago GP thought i had malaria when i came back, turned out to be severe food poisoning. So will be taking malaria meds. Have had yellow fever vac a couple of yrs ago for Panama, but lots of countries now recomend it.

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: yellow fever

Hi its me again looked on the world heath org site no yellow fever needed malaria is in some areas of mexico. we are staying at the riu jelisco 17th - 31st jan

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: yellow fever

thanks again brodick we will just miss you hope you have a good holiday

Edmonton
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: yellow fever

The only injections you should get are for Hepatitis. Even those are by choice. When i went to PV the first three years i did not have any injections at all.

Do not worry about malaria and yellow fever. It's not a risk there.