We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping Girl

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
382 reviews
Save Topic
Camping Girl

Went to Waterton Lakes for my first trip,it was beautiful.The Prince of Wales Hotel was closed for reno so I couldnt check out facility,rooms etc..It has mixed reviews here on TA .

What is your take on the place?

Thanx

Mentioned in this post
Prince of Wales Hotel
Prince of Wales Hotel
1,143 Reviews
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
Waterton Lakes National Park
Waterton Lakes National...
Canadian Rockies, Canada
Pika-Adventures - Private Day Tours
Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Great Divide Day Hikes
Hiking & Camping Tours
White Mountain Adventures
Multi-day Tours, Helicopter Tours, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Alpine Air Adventures
Ski & Snow Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping Girl

Only place to stay in Waterton is the POW. If it's closed, go back some other time. Unless you like having an inferiority complex and looking at the hotel you SHOULD have stayed at all the time. You can't do ANYTHING at Waterton without seeing the POW. So why not stay there.

Just the view across the lake when you enter the main door will make the visit worthwhile. Dont forget afternoon tea -- even if you hate tea.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping Girl

Well, I'm afraid I don't agree with you, CRN. lol.

I think the Prince of Wales is a great place to look at, but there are much better places to stay in Waterton, in my humble opinion. I prefer to stay in a hotel with a few amenities, so I never stay at the Prince of Wales. I think it''s overpriced, the rooms are tiny, there is no air conditioning, phones or tv's in the rooms. That, however, is just my opinion.

islandrockin, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Waterton. It is my favorite spot in the Canadian Rockies. I think, if you are the sort of person who enjoys the historic old lodges then you will be perfectly happy at the Prince. The rooms are certainly clean and well-maintained. And that view is incredible. But the place definitely gets shaking when it's windy!

My favorite place to stay at Waterton would be either the Crandell Mountain Lodge or Waterton Glacier Suites. My other favorites are the Northland Lodge and the Aspen Village Inn. The Kilmorey is another old hotel - it's about the same age as the Prince and has quite a bit of charm as well, but without the big price tag.

Hope that answers your question! How are you enjoying Lethbridge?

Mentioned in this post
Waterton Glacier Suites
Waterton Glacier Suites
373 Reviews
Northland Lodge
Northland Lodge
188 Reviews
Crandell Mountain Lodge
Crandell Mountain Lodge
238 Reviews
Aspen Village
Aspen Village
240 Reviews
Lethbridge
Lethbridge
Alberta, Canada
Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping Girl

Thanx to you both for the response.

Camping Girl,I am no longer in Lethbridge, was there for a week,hit nice weather,so overall it was a good stay.

I will be back to stay in Waterton for sure.

Thanx again

Mentioned in this post
Lethbridge
Lethbridge
Alberta, Canada
4. Re: Camping Girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 06:27