We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

Hi,

Looking to book with one of the 2 companies above for day trip on KH river. Has anybody had particually good/bad experiences that may tip the balance for me? Have read past reviews and they seem to be 50 - 50.

My one deciding factor may have to be the fact that , being on the larger side, alpine do larger wetsuits than ww!!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,416 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

You might want to try posting your question in the forum in the area where theses companies are based (Banff, Lake Louise, Golden - ??). That way, it might catch the attention of people who can answer your question who are browsing those forums.

Hope this helps!

Edited: 19 May 2010, 07:57
WOLVEY UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

thank ypu - will try that, thought Alberta may be ok but maybe too general

3. Re: alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 02:05
Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

We had a wonderful experience rafting with Alpine Rafting. I would have no hesitation recommending them. But I have no experience with Wild Water.

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

We had a wonderful experience rafting with Alpine Rafting. I would have no hesitation recommending them. But I have no experience with Wild Water.

calgary
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

I have done both, actually! Wild Water in '07 with a company function, and ALpine this summer ('10) with my family and I would definetly choose Alpine because WildWater does not raft the Lower Canyon (HelloooO! The most exciting section of the river!!) Also they do not let their clients paddle. During the Portage/Shotgun section they make you sit on the floor of the raft, this really was not fun and my butt hit a rock!! With Alpine paddling was always an option and actually we got to take their Catraft ride at no extra charge- the only of it's kind in western canada.

7. Re: alpine rafting company or wild water adventures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2011, 05:15