We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 15 month old

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with 15 month old

My husband and I will be visiting Canada for 3 weeks from 24th July. We will be spending quite a bit of time with family in Edmonton but also travelling a bit and exploring on our own out of town. We will have our 15 month old daughter with us and I was after some advice on travelling in Canada with an infant and wondered if anyone had any ideas or could recommend good places to visit/stay? We would ideally like to stay in places that have big family rooms or a seperate area where we can put our daughter to sleep so we don't have to go to bed when she does at 7.30pm! Thanks.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with 15 month old

Do you have a budget that you need to stick to? Are you looking for accomodation ideas for just Edmonton and/or other places?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with 15 month old

As Edmonton is only four hours from Jasper National Park in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, I'm assuming Jasper is on your short list to visit! If so, you might want to check into "private home accommodation" - rooms or a suite in a resident's home - www.stayinjasper.com . These are about half the cost of a hotel stay - you can get a two bedroom suite for $125 - $175 per night. A hotel room (not a suite) will start at $200 (plus 11% tax).

If you will be travelling to the Rockies on the August long weekend (July 29 - Aug. 1), be sure to book well in advance. All the resort towns are very busy then, and in Jasper, all accommodations usually sell out.

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with 15 month old

Hi, thanks for your reply. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. We don't have a specific budget. We don't want to spend a fortune but want to stay in fairly nice places. We don't need accommodation in Edmonton as we have our family there....more place in the mountians or good places to spend a few days within a few hours away. We are flying into Calgary so we may spend a night or 2 there and then visit some other places en route to Edmonton. Any suggestions welcome!

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with 15 month old

Great, thanks for your help. I'll have a look....

5. Re: Travelling with 15 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 18:15