We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

Hi, I am planning for our trip to BC and Alberta in JUly. Unfortunately we will only have 2 days in each location so am trying to decide which attractions we will visit. Are the tramway (jasper) and gondola (banfff) both worth a visit or are they too similar? Any other must do attractions you would suggest?? Thanks, Robyn

1. Re: Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 13:49
Edited: 20 May 2011, 13:49
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
27,161 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

Yes, they're both worth a visit. As neither of them are cheap, though, most people only do one. The usual recommendation is to do the first one that you come to when the weather is favourable - i.e. there are no clouds to block your view from the top. If you can see the upper terminal from the lower terminal, then you can be fairly confident that you will have good views.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

Hi Robyn,

CW is exactly right. Everything depends on the weather so jump when you have a clear day!

This is a recent discussion that might help too:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g659487-i11598-k42…

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

Thanks Tobie that discussion was very informative. I think we will aim to do both but definitely do the first where the wether is good. That way if we won't miss out if the weather is cloudy later on in the trip. I also learnt there is one at Lake Louise!!

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

There are also two great boat tours. One at Lake Minnewanka (near Banff) and the other at Maligne Lake (near Jasper)

Since you only have two days in each location I'd recommend doing the Gondola in Banff and the Maligne Lake boat tour in Jasper.

Lake Louise has a Gondola also. But it doesn't go right to the top (or very near to the top) like the other two.

6. Re: Do we do both Jasper Tramway and Banff Gondola??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 05:16