We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorhome rental recommendations: Calgary to Jasper

Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Motorhome rental recommendations: Calgary to Jasper

Hello. Does anyone have recommendations for good vendors from which I can rent a motorhome for pick up in Calgary and dropoff in Jasper? THANK YOU

Mentioned in this post
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,126 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorhome rental recommendations: Calgary to Jasper

G'day mum,

I don't think that you will be able to do that as I have previously seen it mentioned on these forums that there are no agents in Jasper for any of the R/V hire companies. I would stand to be corrected, or advice confirmed, by a local expert though when they get up tomorrow. This is an article listing agencies present in Jasper:

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g154918-s304/Jaspe…

Perhaps local DE krp might add information in regard to R/V's to that link as the question has arisen several times.

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,969 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorhome rental recommendations: Calgary to Jasper

I'm afraid Frommy is right. In fact, I don't think it is possible to rent a motorhome and drop it in Banff, either.

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,293 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorhome rental recommendations: Calgary to Jasper

Frommy and Country_Wife are both right: there are no RV rental depots in Banff or Jasper. These types of businesses usually require quite a lot of land for parking and servicing their units; this is why you'll usually find RV rental depots on the outskirts of bigger cities like Calgary and Vancouver. Development in the national parks is heavily controlled; the amount of land that is permitted to be developed is limited, therefore land is at a premium and very expensive to lease.

Mentioned in this post
Banff
Banff
Banff National Park, Canada
Jasper
Jasper
Calgary
Calgary
Alberta, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorhome rental recommendations: Calgary to Jasper

Thank you everyone. With so much travelling around, I thought that a motorhome might save us the trouble of packing and unpacking every couple of nights. We'll probably drive and stay in moderately priced places. THANK YOU!

5. Re: Motorhome rental recommendations: Calgary to Jasper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2013, 10:20