We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Field and Lake Louise questions

Logan, Utah
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Field and Lake Louise questions

Hello all, I guess this is a 3 part question. I realize I'm spanning two provinces by mentioning Field.

I am in the middle of planning an intimate wedding (aka elopement) for this summer. The pros regarding a wedding at Emerald Lake Lodge would be out of the way, quiet, intimate, away from crowds/cars, instant rain plan within walking distance, get ready in room.

However, the Post Hotel seems to be the better place for a fancy meal by far based on reviews. I have read about their 6 course meal with wine pairings. I think this would make a far more memorable wedding dinner.

Then, after the meal, we'd have to get back to Emerald Lake Lodge after all that wine.

1. Do you think it's worth it to go into LL to experience the Post Hotel for a wedding meal but stay at ELL for the peacefulness?

2. Are there taxis? Personal shuttles between ELL and LL? Not looking to spend $$$ on a personal chauffeur on a fancy Bentley however.

3. Alternatively, we could have our wedding accommodations at the Post (to eliminate the taxi need) and stay at ELL another night, but I don't know where we could do an outdoor, intimate wedding away from the crowds.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 05:58
Mentioned in this post
Bentley
Bentley
Alberta, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Field and Lake Louise questions

Some basic information for you.

The distance from the Post Hotel to ELL is just under 40 km and about 45 minutes. Using taxime.ca, the cost of a taxi would be about $83.

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Field and Lake Louise questions

Emerald Lake sound like to better choice to me. What are you more likely to look back on years in the future. A good fancy dinner at the Post Hotel or the intimate surroundings of Emerald Lake?

Either way you'd better book this very soon.

You've probably already seem this...

www.crmr.com/pdf/ELL-ElopementPackage.pdf

if you really want to do both stay a few days at the Post after the wedding. You'll still remember it.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 07:34
calgary
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Field and Lake Louise questions

Food at Emerald Lake Lodge is nothing to be concerned about - it would be on a par with Post.

Logan, Utah
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Field and Lake Louise questions

I guess according to TA the Post had a larger percentage of excellent reviews, which is all I have to go by really.

So you wouldn't worry about driving in to LL for a better wedding meal? I guess I wanted both: memorable meal and the intimate wedding experience.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g154912-d7…

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g182193-d9…

I have been researching that elopement package ELL offers (as well as the others CRMR offers). It's our top choice at the moment (or we can get the details ourselves - cake, flowers, etc - and bring it in). They require 50% to book, and the other 50% one week prior to your arrival. The price for 2012 is $1595.40 including all taxes and tips.

Thanks for any input! This is hard to choose having never been there!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,631 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Field and Lake Louise questions

You wrote: "The pros regarding a wedding at Emerald Lake Lodge would be out of the way, quiet, intimate, away from crowds/cars"

All of this is true - IF you're having your ceremony in the off-season, or during off-peak times. The Emerald Lake area can get fairly busy on a nice warm day (June - Sept) between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. It's a popular spot.

Logan, Utah
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Field and Lake Louise questions

Let me rephrase, as quiet as one can get in late August, midweek in the evening. :)

I was concerned about the reviews of Cilantro versus Pots Hotel when I had a wedding meal in mind. PH has 100% recommendation and ELL had 78%.

However, if they are similar in a way, it'd be easier to just stay where we are (ELL) and not worry about a taxi.

I'm not opposed to hiking a bit in my gown to get a little more privacy if we find that is necessary! :)

Edited: 05 April 2012, 02:41
7. Re: Field and Lake Louise questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:16