We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts from England

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts from England

I have visited Canada several times in the last few years, including Calgary, Canmore, Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am to learn of the devastation you are experiencing due to the extensive flooding.

I am only an overseas visitor, but I shed a tear when I saw the recent news reports of the damage caused to places where I have actually walked. I can't imagine what the impact must be for the people who live and work in these areas.

This is, I know, a somewhat futile message from so far away but I wish you well with the clean up operation and management of the many tourists who visit your beautiful country.

I love Canada and hope to visit again soon. Wonderful country, wonderful people!

Maligne Adventures
Nature & Wildlife Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Brewster Sightseeing
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
18,566 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts from England

I second those sentiments from Australia Pam.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 10:31
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,199 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts from England

I can only echo the sentiments above. Good luck and stay safe everyone.

calgary
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts from England

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. It was really hard yesterday to sit and watch the TV coverage of what was happening to my home town, I did shed some tears! I am one of the lucky ones who had a safe, dry home but my heart aches to those who have lost everything. You need to know that the sun is shining brillantly this morning and once the water recedes Calgarians and Southern Albertans will be out in full force cleaning up. Give us a few days and we will be open for business again.

4. Re: Thoughts from England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:17