We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odd question - remark in Lonely Planet guide about RV's

Level Contributor
1,442 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Odd question - remark in Lonely Planet guide about RV's

Please bear with me with this travel related question.

In a very old edition of an Alberta travel guide, Lonely Planet (maybe Moon guides), there was a somewhat sarcastic paragraph (in a box, set off all by itself) about all the recreational vehicles you see in BC/Alberta. The little section of the guidebook attempted, with success, to compare the "herds" of RVs to the many other "herds" of wild animals you commonly see in Alberta. I've searched the internet up-and-down and can't find this quote. I estimate it to be about 15 years ago when I first read this. It was a bit sarcastic, but very funny.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If you know what I'm talking about or have heard a similar comparison between RVs and herds of animals, can you let me know?

1. Re: Odd question - remark in Lonely Planet guide about RV's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 06:19