We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! suggestions please for drive from Calgary-Kimberley

Queensland Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!! suggestions please for drive from Calgary-Kimberley

Hi we have booked 2 nights in Kimberley in July (4-6). I grew up near Calgary but now live in Australia.

We have stayed at Banff (several times) and stayed at Waterton the last time so don't want to stay there again. We are travelling with my 10 yr old son. I am looking for any suggestions for a route between Calgary & Kimberley--Revelstoke? Panorma? would like something affordable with lots of scenary/nice/mountain filled drive. We won't be hiking or doing any rafting etc. Just want a nice pretty drive.

Any feedback/suggestions is very appreciated. Thank you!

Edited: 23 May 2014, 10:40
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! suggestions please for drive from Calgary-Kimberley

Hello lisakellycdn

Would be best to repost your query directly to the Alberta or perhaps wider Canada forum so the local experts can find and respond to your question. Here is the link if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154909-i219-Alber…

Good luck with your research and hope you enjoy your holiday.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,111 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!! suggestions please for drive from Calgary-Kimberley

Hi lisakellycdn;

This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Canadian Rockies forum is here on TA;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g659487-i11598-Cana…

I would suggest posting your query on that forum.

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!! suggestions please for drive from Calgary-Kimberley

Hi Lisa,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Canadian Rockies Forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,766 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!! suggestions please for drive from Calgary-Kimberley

hi

you could take 93 at the Castle Mountain turn off which will get you travelling in the Kootenay National Park. you could stay in Radium or Invermere if you do not want to make the trip to Kimberley in one day, which is easily done. https://goo.gl/maps/IxMPK

if you take this route make sure to stop shortly at a viewpoint after you make the turn off onto 93 to have a look at Castle Mountain ( on a clear day). you will need a park pass if you stop between Banff and Radium - not required if you drive through.

5. Re: HELP!! suggestions please for drive from Calgary-Kimberley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:15