We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

Hi,

Has anyone been to the Glacier Skywalk yet? I understand it was recently opened. Is it worth visiting?

Thanks,

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
6,317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

Touchy subject. Some (many?) of us who post here are not fans of Brewsters or the Skywalk.

Without getting into the whole political debate, you should be aware that the walk does not look out over a glacier. There are glaciers in the distance, but the skywalk looks over a bit of river valley, and to be honest, quite a bit of road rubble.

I can see doing the Glacier Explorer tour to see the actual glacier, but think that you can find better things to do with your time & money. You can see equally spectacular views from the other pullovers without spending the money or the time.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

G'day Steph,

You could have asked me this at work yesterday. :))

I am one of the many mentioned by ksneds above. To some it may be worth it, but I for one would not pay $24.95 for the experience. If the Globus tour you are on will include the Icefield Explorer, is the skywalk an optional add-on, or do you choose one or the other? The reason I ask is that is some of the group do the coach and skywalk, the others only the coach will then be waiting around for a while.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,653 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

lolol Frommy. We're not supposed to be willfully creating new TA addicts are we??

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,158 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

friends that have done it recently think it's its a spectacular attraction attraction. Wall While it may have been controversial now that it's there its there it seems worth doingfriends that have done it recently think its a spectacular attraction. While it may have been controversial now that its there it seems worth doing.. Brewster Brewster isn't quite as organized as there is no washrooms so you'd be gone a long time if you do both without breaking it up and going to the icefield center in between isn't quite as organized as there is no washrooms so you'd be gone a long time if you do both without breaking it up and going to the icefield center in between.. They sell it as a package and its not that much more to do both so if you're going for the glacier I think I would do the Skywalk as They sell it as a package and its not that much more to do both so if you're going for the glacier I think I would do the Skywalk as wellwell.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,952 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

Jacob Two-two, you're all grown up!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Two-Two

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,165 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

Have a read through the reviews: tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g154917-d64… They mirror what I hear from people who have done it... some like it, others think it's a giant rip-off.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

krp

Very interesting to see so many reviews (33) up already as it has only been open such a short time. The views expressed also reflect the variety of opinions on this thread.

david, I would love to read your own personal thoughts when you take your first tour to there, but not when you are posting from a room which echo's. :)

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for getting back to me and your responses. It's much appreciated :)

So far I have read mixed reviews and I appreciate all of your feedback.

Frommy, the Globus tour that I will be going on includes an excursion to the Columbia Icefield. I'm not sure at this stage if the Skywalk will be offered as an option to us during the tour. I've been through my Globus travel documents but there are no additional details available.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,095 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

Stef,

It could be that Globus have not updated their itinerary from previous years and inclusion of "the Columbia Icefield" may be incl the skywalk. I seem to recall that davidgmg has previously mentioned some tours doing both the Explorer and skywalk. Only Globus could tell you the answer.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,158 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Glacier Skywalk - Jasper National Park

most tours are not doing the Skywalk simply because there is no time to spend 3 hours plus lunch at 1 excursion when you're trying to get to jasper we're all the way to Banff that same day. I only know a few tour operators now including both attractions. Brewster has a very screwed up system and its taking forever to print tickets and work out the logistics of getting people between the two sites without a bathroom break so therefore most tour operators are only doing the ice Explorer.