We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the Annual pass work on 2 different vehicles

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Does the Annual pass work on 2 different vehicles

My friends and I are renting a car for a week, then a motorhome for a week (as from Thursday). If we buy an annual pass, will we be able to use it in both vehicles?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,379 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the Annual pass work on 2 different vehicles

Yes, you can. But you are the only ones that can use your pass; you can't give it to a fellow camper at the end of the week with the RV.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
114 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the Annual pass work on 2 different vehicles

Great question! We are acutally thinking of renting a car for the 3 nights we are spending in an RV at Lake Louise to be able to get around a bit easier. How will that work pass wise? We will have both an RV and a car for 2 or 3 days. (was thinking that the hike from the campground to the lake is estimated at 1.5 hours on google earth, and with 2 7 year olds we wanted to spend all their energy on the hikes, not just getting to the trails!)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the Annual pass work on 2 different vehicles

Technically every vehicle stopping in the Park needs to display a Park Pass, so when you're driving around in the rental car with a Park Pass the parked RV will still require its own Pass too.

Cheers,

Terry

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does the Annual pass work on 2 different vehicles

I would suggest asking at the Parks information centre or the entry kiosk where you buy the passes (or email Parks Canada from the "contact us" links on their websites). Technically, it is *people* who are required to have a pass (they are sold as individual passes, or as group passes for 2 to 7 people), however, in practice, the pass is attached to a vehicle, and enforcement is done to ensure that vehicles are showing the appropriate pass. In a case like yours, where you might use a second vehicle for a short part of your visit to the parks, it may be fine to transfer the pass from the window of the RV to the rental car.... the people using the rental car have already paid their fee for admittance and use of park facilities.

In a related scenario... if my car goes into the shop for repairs and I have to use a rental car for a few days, all I do is transfer my annual pass to the rental car.

5. Re: Does the Annual pass work on 2 different vehicles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 02:19