We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildflowers?

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Wildflowers?

Hi - I had hoped to hike Sunshine Meadows in the next week or two, but it looks like I need to find a Plan B for an easy-moderate hike for wildflowers. Helen Lake or Stanley Glacier perhaps? I know it's a bit late, but am assuming there should still be some in bloom? TIA

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildflowers?

I was in Helen lake last Sunday and the hike is wonderful and you will definitely find the wildflowers up there.

Decatur, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildflowers?

Thank you. I'll keep it in mind for next week. I'm looking for something relatively flat this Saturday since it will be my first day at altitude. I've also managed to wrench my back this week, and want to take it easy so I'll be ready for the Larch Valley hike I've signed up for on Monday. Any suggestions? I'll be going to Golden on Sunday for the Ranger Assist program to feed Boo the Bear, and was thinking about hiking around Emerald Lake on the way back.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildflowers?

Emerald Lake circuit is certainly flat, but I wouldn't consider it a wildflower hotspot. You might consider the trail behind Tunnel Mountain in Banff (it starts at Surprise Corner) -- it's montane, not alpine, but it's full of flowers.

4. Re: Wildflowers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 05:18