We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

We are traveling throughout the U.S. and Canada with a couple of kids and will be in Banff mid July. For sanity's sake, we're looking to rent a cabin or stay in a hotel while there, and I've rented a car. But I have no idea where we can park a 28' foot motorhome! I've asked at several places we would like to stay at, to no avail. (Most are underground parking.)

Any ideas on this?

thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

RV parking is available beside the hospital (closest to the Banff Park Lodge) as well as along the Bow River (just around the corner).

Cheers,

Terry

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,793 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

the parking lot you refer to does not allow overnight parking and rv's are routinely ticketed there if parked after 10pm I believe. Not sure if you could but there is a huge empty parking lot at the train station (greyhound) parking a bit farther down from the hospital. You may wish to ask them or even call Brewster (buscompany) and ask where a rv could be parked in Banff.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 00:39
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

Ah, sometimes it really helps to ask. My mind was blank, but now that you've suggested calling the bus company, it also occurs to me that I could call the local constable.

Thank you for getting my cognitive wheels turning again!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

Thanks for the correction, Dave. I parked a half dozen RVs and work trucks there for a film crew recently for several days but we must have gotten permits from the Banff townsite.

Cheers,

Terry

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,040 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

Or contact Banff Tourism. They would be able to advise. My thought was that you could book into a campground, but I guess that would cost quite a bit.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,139 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

LOL - If you have a look at the lot that Martian refers to in Google streetview, you will see what looks like a Town of Banff bylaw officer issuing a ticket (bylaw van vehicle at far right). http://goo.gl/maps/XnUyq

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

Hilarious...

Cheers,

Terry

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

contact the banff tourism site but i would think booking a campsite (if not using it, book a cheap one with no electricity or water) and leave it there. then, if you wanted, you could still go there in the evenings and have a nice campfire.

Calgary
Level Contributor
883 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

There is a trAiler drop off lot outside of downtown just across from the entrance to the industrial park. If you call the Town, they should be able to confirm its availability.

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
5,939 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can we park an RV for three nights in July?

I believe that trailer drop-off area may have been closed off. But by all means, do call the Town at 403-762-1200