We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Banff in June

houston
11 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Banff in June

What's the avg temp the 1st wk of June? Have a trip booked. Heard comments that some of the lakes may still be partially frozen. Is this an ok time to go? Thanks.

Newfoundland
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Banff in June

Paryailly frozen for sure!! Dress for Winter and Spring together.Chinook winds warm it uo quite fast. Best time of year to visit i think. Be sure to bring sungalasses. Pretty big galre from the snow.

Edmonton, Ab
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Banff in June

Banff in June is definately one of the best times to go. The tourist's aren't really out full force until the kids are out in school (July/Aug).

As for the temperature - you won't have to worry about taking any winter clothing and quite possible you may even be able to wear shorts. The evenings will be cool with the crisp mountain air so bring a light jacket. In June, the lakes shouldn't be frozen - they usually have boat tours on the lakes.

If you are up to it, you may want to see if you can go white-water rafting. The rapids should be really good with the spring run off but to warn you it will be really chilly !!

on the lake...
Level Contributor
569 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Banff in June

My husband and I were in Banff and Jasper in early June of 2004 and it was the perfect temp for us (60-70 degrees) but it sprinkled and rained almost the entire time. Despite the rain, we LOVED it in early June...we got the low season rates on our hotels (DOUGLAS FIR was wonderful!) and the tourists we're out in full force yet. I have tons of pictures if you're interested. Are you making the trip to Jasper? I'd highly recommend it!

Southampton, Uk
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Banff in June

Hey Debwil,

We will be in Banff the same time 2005. June is great time of year. we have been four times now. Twice in September and twice in June.

June was definitly warmer but dress in light layers especially evenings as mountain weather is unpredictable. We found some lakes had a thin layer of ice partially covering them but it added to the beauty. (Mainlly the ones at higher altitude.)

Everything was open so plenty to do.and the hotels were cheaper and not crowded as it was still low season. Mind you Canada was so big it didn't feel crowded in high season.

If it's your first trip, just see as much as you can at a leisurely pace. Don't rush because I'm sure you will return to see more.

Never know we may bump into each other. Take care and have a fantastic time.

Diane and Mark

5. Re: Weather in Banff in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2009, 20:16