We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spas - which is better the Banff Springs spa or the Rimrock?

Calgary
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Spas - which is better the Banff Springs spa or the Rimrock?

Just wondering which is spa is better - Banff Springs spa or the Rimrock? And as for rooms - does the Banff Springs have any more updated rooms?

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spas - which is better the Banff Springs spa or the Rimrock?

Banff Springs! It's a few dollars more but you get access to the mineral pool, steam, sauna etc. which supposedly a $75 value.

And yes I've stayed in a room in the Stanley Thompson Wing (I think that's what it's called), but it's the so called newer wing - which is a bit of a walk from the lobby area, but it was a one bedroom unit with flat screen tv in the bedroom and one in the living room on top of a fire place. Complete with a nicely appointed double sink, soaker tub bathroom. I've also stayed in older tiny Fairmont Room, with a bathroom so small it was hard to close the door behind you. Guess it depends on what you want to pay for.

The rooms at the Rimrock are larger by far as I stayed there on the same trip so was able to compare but I prefer the Fairmont for the experience.

canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spas - which is better the Banff Springs spa or the Rimrock?

Banff Springs spa hands down. They also have spa rooms which were added when they opened the spa.

don't forget to sit in the outside hottub and gaze at the beautiful Rundle Mtn.

3. Re: Spas - which is better the Banff Springs spa or the Rimrock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 20:16